Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

The google countdown (Read 629 times)

That is crazy low for a woman. I bet you couldn't get knocked up if you tried right now.
    Yea. I don't even really look like it's that low, to me, but that's what it is. I mean i'm kinda skinny, but I don't really think I look overly skinny or anything. I guess I have a lot of muscle. I had Amenorrhea last year. Pretty common problem among women runners they said...

DNF is not an option...ever. Heading into my May marathon, and before I got injured 3 weeks out, I was easily in sub 3 shape. I was actually shooting for 2:55 or sligthly better. Of course I had to sit and watch that level of fitness go bye bye. That was hard to take because I worked my ass off starting in mid January and was peaking perfectly. 1 ran a 1:22 HM in early April and could have gone <1:20 but="" i="" intentionally="" held="" back="" because="" it="" was="" my="" first="" race="" of="" that="" distance="" in="" a="" decade.="" so,="" fast="" forward="" to="" today="" and="" i="" don't="" know="" what's="" under="" the="" hood.="" i="" hate="" this.="" i="" have="" wrote="" this="" before,="" but="" not="" knowing="" what="" to="" do="" is="" incredibly="" frustrating.="" i="" admit="" i="" have="" no="" time="" goal="" for="" monkey="" and="" even="" if="" i="" was="" never="" injured,="" i="" had="" not="" planned="" on=""></1:20>racing Monkey. Monkey was my end of season meet and greet drunk fest. I was originally going to run it with Dragon76 (Amy) but she sort of backed out. So I will probably slug through Monkey with Drew and Shan. I know how I am. There is no way I can do Chicago just for fun or as a training run. Not going to happen. Not to say I will be stupid, go out too fast, and die, but I can't just chill out and enjoy a relaxed Sunday morning run through the city. I wish I could. So for my own good, I may just skip Chicago all together.
      I can understand that mindset. In that case I'd probably skip Chicago but that's JMHO.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

The Greatest of All Time

I guess I have a lot of muscle. I had Amenorrhea last year. Pretty common problem among women runners they said...
        Yep and yep. Gymnasts are also notorious for getting amenorrhea. I bet you're not much wider at the hips than the waist. At least it doesn't look like it from your pictures. You're built like a female distance runner.
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
          Oh this is normal. This happens to me on all of my long runs. I'm usually cold the entire day. Normal, right?
          THAT is usually a sign that (for me) I don't have enough calories. Once I get enough calories my "oven" starts burning and I'm ready to strip down.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Yea. I don't even really look like it's that low, to me, but that's what it is. I mean i'm kinda skinny, but I don't really think I look overly skinny or anything. I guess I have a lot of muscle. I had Amenorrhea last year. Pretty common problem among women runners they said...
            thankfully THAT is a problem I'v never had to deal as of yet (not sure what my lowest BF% is but I norammly hang around 10 (give or take a percent)

thankfully THAT is a problem I'v never had to deal as of yet (not sure what my lowest BF% is but I norammly hang around 10 (give or take a percent)
              Well you definitely have tons more muscle than I do...at least in the upper body. How many calories do you have to eat a day?

The Greatest of All Time

Well you definitely have tons more muscle than I do...at least in the upper body.
                Yeah, she's got bigger guns. Big grin
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                  Well you definitely have tons more muscle than I do...at least in the upper body. How many calories do you have to eat a day?
                  way too many to count. If I did I'd probably go on a crash diet Confused If I had to guess around 2500 or so on easy days and close to 4,000 (at least) on long run days . And that's with just running. I'll be adding weights back in next week.

The Thunder

Uggghhh I need to run!

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Uggghhh I need to run!
                      Are you still in Singapore?