Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Gotta flee em all (Read 25 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hello there!

I am Professor Trent Willow.

Did you know that the woods are inhabited by creatures known as Flying Monkeys? Flying Monkeys can be found in every corner of the forest. Some fly over the meadows, others fly through the skies, some live near the mountains, or in the jungles, or near water. They come in all shapes and sizes and colors! But they are all dangerous, so we must be careful.

I have spent my whole life studying them and their regional distribution. There is a special breed that inhabits the Harpeth Hills region! They are particularly ferocious, and wily too! That makes the idea of researching them especially thrilling.

I see you have decided to help me conduct my research! Together, we can learn about these flying monkeys. I was just looking for someone like you to help! You'll need to find and run from these flying monkeys from up in the hills!

Let's get started! Here is some of what you need to know:

- Periodically I will send you emails and share info on social media. This is info about the race. As always, if you don’t find this in your email, check your junk mail and spam filters. Here is some info to get you started. There will be more. Later.

- We still have charity slots available if you know anybody who still wants to run. The charity slots do not require fundraising, and include a tax-deductible contribution to the Friends of Warner Parks.

- Your registration info is posted on the Monkey's website AND here: http://www.runningahead.com/events/Monkey/participants. Please take a look to make sure it is correct. If you have run this race before, please make sure your monkey count is correct.

- As always, we will not have automatic text messaging of your splits from this race, to be sent to friends and family everywhere. There will not be SnapChat filters, Twitter hashtags or Facebook live streams. We will not have finish line videos on the web, indexed with your bib number. We will not have cheer squads along the way, with a competition for best spirit and costume. We will not have pace groups. We will not have timing mats every quarter mile.

- Packet pickup will be on November 17, 2018 between 2pm and 4pm. In years past, this has been at the Gordon JCC, and may be again this year. The JCC is located at 801 Percy Warner Blvd, Nashville, TN 37148. This is less than 2 miles from the race start/finish area. Packet pickup will also be available race morning adjacent to the starting line.

- Running is stupid.

- If you do find a Monkey’s wisdom while out thinking you are training, and you realize you won't be able to make it to the race, please let me know so I can offer your spot to one of the foolish fools on our wait list.

- We are always looking for volunteers on race morning AND in the days leading up to the race. So if you know of anybody smart enough not to run who wants to come out and spend a sweltering or freezing morning in the park helping out, please let us know. Volunteers are awesome!

- The website lists information about where there is lodging near the race and restaurants where you can dine over the weekend. In addition, if you have further questions, feel free to holler or to put out a query on our message board: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/HHFMM/forum. If you post there, please don't mind the monkey business.

Gotta flee em all
    Trent

<center>

</center>

"run" "2" "eat"

tl;dr

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Kinda like the race course

chrisimm

Professor Imm here to provide an update on my training.  Upon reading the literature on the website, it has been said that these Flying Monkeys MAY be found as far West as Kansas.  Since I have seen them in my home state on the big screen (Wizard of Oz), I felt it was my civic duty to register for the HHFMM and provide my assistance.

It has been Flying Monkey weather here as the fog and cold and gloom has taken over so I have dedicated my early weekend mornings to the pursuit of these creatures!  And alas, a week ago it happened!  Right before Halloween through the fog and haze before the crack of dawn I spotted something looking down on me.  Although startled, the though exhilarated me so the battle was ON!  Through the urban jungle, leaves of red, gold, orange and brown and the chilly air.  In preparation I chose the hilliest route I could think of as being their natural habitat.  Cold air choked through my lungs, but I was ALIVE through the chase!

After running endless miles (20 to be exact), the sky turned to cloudy light and my pursuit turned out to be fruitless.  Yes, after another 2 mile cool down I earned a DNF (Did not find) (FLYING MONKEY)...

Despite my lack of success this time, my training is getting stronger and my mental abilities are piqued to be able to avoid the DNF and have a Monkey Kill (?) in a mere 2 weeks minus a day in the suburbs of Nashville.  I'm looking forward to the challenge, I'll bring my "A" game, and some food for afterward, I won't let you all down.

Humbly yours,

CImm

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey