Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

About those hills.... (Read 705 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The gravity service corrects the elevation. When you run without it, your GPS gets loads of artifact, mostly due to arm swing. The gravity service throws out the elevation from the GPS unit and replaces it with elevation from USGS reference standards, the same method RA uses. And it still tends to overestimate elevation change, but not by much. When you changed it in your activity, the graph that I posted gets changed by motionbased automatically.

Oh Mighty Wing

so what you are saying is that the things that I'm thinking are hills are really not so big??
        Do the monkeys keep pets?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

1. Death Valley 2. Dead Sea 3. New Orleans 4. Garmin error Pick one. The thing with the Monkey is, the hills are relentless. They come one after another with no flat portion for recovery. You have been warned.
            There is a positive side to this....you will be so busy focusing on the next hill, that you'll forget to worry about the fact that there are 26.2 miles to cover.....

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

Oh Mighty Wing

There is a positive side to this....you will be so busy focusing on the next hill, that you'll forget to worry about the fact that there are 26.2 miles to cover.....
              hmm I like your philosophy on that... And it would probably work - breaking the race into small chunks/hills.
              JakeKnight

hmm I like your philosophy on that... And it would probably work - breaking the race into small chunks/hills.
                Sure. That'll work. Keep telling yourself that. Bet nobody's ever thought of that before, either. Heck, now its gonna be easy for you.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

Oh Mighty Wing

Sure. That'll work. Keep telling yourself that. Bet nobody's ever thought of that before, either. Heck, now its gonna be easy for you.
                  Listen Gorilla - just shut the hell up. I'm only 2 days into training can't you wait till I get closer to start beating up on my hopes.

"run" "2" "eat"

Listen Gorilla - just shut the hell up. I'm only 2 days into training can't you wait till I get closer to start beating up on my hopes.
                    hopes!! hahaha!! you crack me up.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Humorless nanny.

JakeKnight

You have hopes? Aw. That's cute.
                        Humorless nanny.

Lazy idiot

Tick tock

JakeKnight

You rang?
                            Yeah, sorry. Didn't mean to speak for you. Tanya meant you, of course. And Jilly. Nannies, both of you.

Lazy idiot

Yeah, sorry. Didn't mean to speak for you. Tanya meant you, of course. And Jilly. Nannies, both of you.
                              The idea of me as a nanny, especially a humorless one, is just so chock full of humor. My brother and his wife won't leave me alone with their two-year old (nothing gross, Pervy McPervypants... that's my niece), probably because after five minutes with me she'd be swearing at the TV and belching. Or maybe belching swear words.

Tick tock

But that is a vital life skill. Don't her parents want to prepare her for school?

Amy