Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

8712 Hours Left.... (Read 1295 times)

Still waffling on whether to do the Greenway Marathon on Oct. 4...It could provide an excellent excuse for not doing well at the Monkey! At this point, I'll only get in one 20+ long run before the Greenway, but I keep reading about how too many long runs sabotage marathon times (something I think I experienced at Boston), so it might be an interesting experiment. Plus, if it appears that the Greenway is going to suck, I can always call it a "training run." It's nice to have excuses lined up.

S&M Collector

I ate at three Italian restaurants on Labor Day weekend, including a post-run trip to Olive Garden in Tupelo. So, I'm ready for the pre-monkey carboloading meal in Rivergate on Nov. 22. I also polished off a bottle of Columbia Crest Cabernet on the evening of Labor Day, following a long run, so I'm ready for the post-monkey festivities as well. As far as running, I have ran 3 times in the last 8 days. Time to taper. MTA: Tanya is right. Too many long runs can sabotage finish times. Wink
      Come across any cool medals lately?

Why is it sideways?

Good stuff on long runs by jim2. Quit yer wafflin' Tanya!
          Good stuff on long runs by jim2. Quit yer wafflin' Tanya!
          Thanks! Having read that, I feel certain that I may either: A) Be ready B) Not be ready Which is really the essence of waffling. Come to think of it, that's also the essence of marathoning. I've just had an epiphany. I'm doing the Greenway!

At this point, I'll only get in one 20+ long run before the Greenway, but I keep reading about how too many long runs sabotage marathon times (something I think I experienced at Boston), so it might be an interesting experiment. Plus, if it appears that the Greenway is going to suck, I can always call it a "training run."
            I had 2 runs in the near future that were going to be 22. I've now changed them to 18 milers. We'll see if it makes a differance come Oct 12th.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

The Greatest of All Time

I had 2 runs in the near future that were going to be 22. I've now changed them to 18 milers. We'll see if it makes a differance come Oct 12th.
              Which race are you doing on the 12th? Chicago is the same day. Grrrrrrr.
              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                Thyroid Support Group

Which race are you doing on the 12th? Chicago is the same day. Grrrrrrr.
                  Doing Steamtown again. BTW good luck with your training for Chicago!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

The Greatest of All Time

BTW good luck with your training for Chicago!
                    What training? Tongue
                    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                      Thread title update and bump to boot. Fewer than 1500 hours left. tick tock tick tock tick tock.......

The Thunder

Are you going to do the Greenway Marathon Tanya? Is that course certified and a BQ course?

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

S&M Collector

Are you going to do the Greenway Marathon Tanya? Is that course certified and a BQ course?
                          GETM X2. http://www.musiccityhalfmarathon.com/Greenway%20Marathon.html
                          Come across any cool medals lately?
                            I'm doing the half instead of the full unless I feel a whole lot different in 12 days. I just don't feel ready to do 26 miles right now. Kind of having an energy slump in training (ever since Franklin Classic. I HATE that race!) and some ankle/heel issues. Otherwsie, I think that'd be a pretty good course for a BQ. It has some rolling hills and one totally ridiculous hill, but otherwise normal. Are you thinking of doing it?

The Thunder

GETM X2. http://www.musiccityhalfmarathon.com/Greenway%20Marathon.html
                              My question is for real. That website doesn't say if it's a bq course. Just that certification is pending. Get it right!!!

The Thunder

Are you thinking of doing it?
                                Maybe.