Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Microtel Miscellany (Read 463 times)

A Saucy Wench

First, I was extremely grateful to srlopez last year for prewarning me that this hotel does not provide shampoo.  However as I recall there is a walgreens about every 3 blocks in Nashville. But perhaps not one in walking distance to the hotel.

Second does anyone know if Microtel has wifi?  It would be good to know this before I decide not to print out all the info about where everyone is going when and addresses and stuff.   I think I killed a tree last year. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Skooter 3.0

Who all is staying at the Microtel this year?

So far I know:

Skootr

Onionbag

SrLopez

Ennay

DoppleBock

anyone else?

Goals?

Lazy idiot

I'll be across the street at the Hampton.

Tick tock

Hoodoo Guru

First, I was extremely grateful to srlopez last year for prewarning me that this hotel does not provide shampoo.  However as I recall there is a walgreens about every 3 blocks in Nashville. But perhaps not one in walking distance to the hotel.

Second does anyone know if Microtel has wifi?  It would be good to know this before I decide not to print out all the info about where everyone is going when and addresses and stuff.   I think I killed a tree last year. 

I just called them and they said "yes" they do have wi-fi. 

The tangents are moot.

Lazy idiot

Did they use air quotes when they confirmed?

Tick tock

xor

The wifi worked last year.

The shampoo - there is no shampoo in the room.  I have since learned that if you ask for it at the desk, they will give you some.  Shampoo.  But the walgreens is still a better option.  Walking (er... jogging) distance for me, but not across the street.

smalcolm is staying there, as well as two of my non-RA Seattle friends.  DirtyGraceFlint will be there too.

There is a gaggle of non-RA maniacs who will be there as well.

Walgreens is about 1/2 mile away....I think there is also a Shell convenience store right across the street if you want to pay $5000 for bad shampoo.

A Saucy Wench

thanks.  I could have done that I suppose.  But that would have required work.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Yes! I will be there. So will WG I believe.

~Sara
                    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

WTF do you need GDMN shampoo for?  Phelps in a nutsack, its a FKN marathon.

"run" "2" "eat"

shampoo is the breakfast of champions. durr.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Mel and I are also staying there.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

"run" "2" "eat"

watch it there, dougie, going for the bingo here.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

The King of Beasts

watch it there, dougie, going for the bingo here.

whats a bingo ?

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”