Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Think Alcohol (Read 1031 times)

For those of you who have sought, in vain, for a liquor store near Monkeyville...Good news!

Thanks to a new ordinance (or whatever), we now have 3 (THREE) liquor stores within a few miles of the Monkey starting line. This is all in keeping with the "When one is sufficient, let's build ten!" mindset of Nashville.

You're welcome.

Yes, but are they open on Sunday?

Amy

No.

And that's in keeping with the "Feel free to get absolutely slammed every single day, Monday throgh Saturday, but if you drink on Sunday God will smite you!" mindset of Nashville.

It's that way here too. Except...there is no beer in grocery stores! WTF. But there is beer in liquor stores, which I thought was weird at first. Well, except that where else would they sell it since they don't sell it in grocery stores?

I miss that about Tennessee. Tennessee has beer in freakin' Wal-Mart.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I personally like that it is apparently okay to have whiskey with guns, but not whiskey with lettuce.

bhearn

I personally like that it is apparently okay to have whiskey with guns, but not whiskey with lettuce.

But it is OK to have guns with roses.

DoppleBock

God loves the all sinners 

No.

And that's in keeping with the "Feel free to get absolutely slammed every single day, Monday throgh Saturday, but if you drink on Sunday God will smite you!" mindset of Nashville.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

Beer in Gas stations

Beer in Grocery Stores

Beer at Little League games

Beer on Sunday

Beer at Church Picnics (People getting drunk for God)

Beer at liquor stores

Bar open until 2:30am and back open at 6:00am

Must be WI 

It's that way here too. Except...there is no beer in grocery stores! WTF. But there is beer in liquor stores, which I thought was weird at first. Well, except that where else would they sell it since they don't sell it in grocery stores?

I miss that about Tennessee. Tennessee has beer in freakin' Wal-Mart.

DoppleBock

It will not matter as I cannot drink unless I am > 190 pounds - I am currently 215 - So I am almost 4 weeks dry

Hoodoo Guru

Hasn't there always been a liquor store at the 70-100 split? 

On a vaguely related note, the first bar I ever drank in was on Hwy 100, not more than a mile or so from the starting line.  Wow, that was 36 years ago.  Crap I'm getting old. 

The tangents are moot.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes, a good one. 

But that ain't Bellevue.

The new (big) one is at the corner of 70 and Old Hick.  Half a mile from where I live. Wine tasting bar.

C-R

What a bunch of lushes. You people ever hear of byob.

Plus doesn't Harry Teeters on 100 or 101 or whatever the hell that road is have a good selection of beer and wine? 

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

doesn't Harry Teeters on 100 or 101 or whatever the hell that road is have a good selection of beer ...

Yes

and wine? 

Nope.  No wine in grocery stores.  It is against the law.

Imminent Catastrophe

It will not matter as I cannot drink unless I am > 190 pounds - I am currently 215 - So I am almost 4 weeks dry

Good news! If you are 215 then you are >190. 

The drinking lamp is lit!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016