Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Is this Monkey Training? (Read 617 times)

The Greatest of All Time

all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

...or rapelling and rock climbing. DAAAANG!

The Greatest of All Time

It is a start.
        *snort* I have a feeling you will be off the holiday card list following Monkey. Tongue I was already cursing you during that run. That was Sunday's outing. This morning's was about as nasty.

I don't know if I wanna run with you at Monkey or not Marcus. Looks like you're gonna kick my ass.

The Greatest of All Time

I don't know if I wanna run with you at Monkey or not Marcus. Looks like you're gonna kick my ass.
            What makes you think that Candice? I am broken and shit, remember?

What makes you think that Candice? I am broken and shit, remember?
              The pace of your easy runs. Faster than my non broken ones.

The Greatest of All Time

The pace of your easy runs. Faster than my non broken ones.
                Honestly I hate classifying runs as easy, tempo, progression etc. Long runs are long runs. Tempo runs are tempo runs. But everything else to me is just running, whether it's easy, recovery, or whatever. I don't go out and have a pace I intend to run at. Never. Never. Never. I base my runs on intensity. If I feel good and rested I go a little harder, if I feel sluggish or tired I back off. So when you see a run in my log labeled 'easy' it's really meaningless in comparison to someone else. Unless I am running with someone else I have a very hard time making myself run at true recovery paces (unless I am on a treadmill). Therefore, according to the experts I probably run my easy runs too fast and maybe my long runs too. But I have never believed in LSD long runs. IMHO training constantly at LSD teaches you how to race at LSD. And don't worry. I am not going to be taking Monkey seriously. That is just a long, nasty-ass training run for fun. I am not going to push anything so you can relax. I will kick your ass through that race but I am not going to push you and try to make you hurt any more than it's going to hurt already. I want to joke around and have fun not be all super serious. We'll have fun Candice. I have awesome funny stories. Big grin

And don't worry. I am not going to be taking Monkey seriously.
                  This is what everyone says. Right up until the gun goes off. Including myself. Wink

Sooo should our long runs be in double digits by now? It'll be cooler in November so I'm expecting that to make ALL the difference. What else?.... oh and, it's better to undertrain than overtrain. Big grin
                      Roughly, I'd say your long runs should be around 13-15 miles by now...Longer if you're looking to be less miserable on Nov. 23rd.

The Greatest of All Time

FWIW I am doing Chicago on 10/12 and my long run this Saturday will be about 15 miles so for those of you that are just training for Monkey right now, there's plenty of time.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hah hahahah hah hah hahhahahahha hah Plenty of time? Really? Ha ha ha hah haha ah ahhahah hah ha hah haha ah ahhahah hah ha hah haha ah ahhahah hahha hah haha ah ahhahah hah ha hah haha ah ahhahah hah ha hah haha ah ahhahah hah Heh.

The Greatest of All Time

Plenty of time?
                            What I meant to write was that there is plenty of time to get in shape before Monkey, which will have zero to do with how you die. At least leave a fit corpse.

So if a person ran the 11.2, then the 5.8, sometime around 9/13...that would probably be a good Long run in prep for the Monkey, right?