Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

The google countdown (Read 629 times)

Good plan.
    Oh, that is a plan. Great. You just ruined it for me. Undecided Big grin

Michelle

Oh Mighty Wing

geez much better training for your first then what I did for my first. I know you have a busy schedule but have you thought aabout changing tho's 4's to at least 5's???
      the 4's eventually become 5's... no pushing me along to fast there lady! I don't want set-backs... and I like feeling good. I'm at the highest mileage I have EVER been at.
        the 4's eventually become 5's... no pushing me along to fast there lady! I don't want set-backs... and I like feeling good. I'm at the highest mileage I have EVER been at.
        not trying to push ya hun!!! Though I wouldn't be suprised to see some of those 4's turn into 5's MTA: CONGRATS on your milage!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

no pushing me along to fast there lady! I don't want set-backs... and I like feeling good. I'm at the highest mileage I have EVER been at.
          Ditto on the congrats! I thought of you when I was running on the trail during my last long run, heading towards the city. I thought of how that 20 miler you talked about will take us into Philly and how that will be the first time that I've run into the city like that. I'll be excited and freaked out all at once. Big grin

Michelle

Congrats, Shan! Looks like some smart planning!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

Ditto on the congrats! I thought of you when I was running on the trail during my last long run, heading towards the city. I thought of how that 20 miler you talked about will take us into Philly and how that will be the first time that I've run into the city like that. I'll be excited and freaked out all at once. Big grin
              You guys are so lucky to have someone to do your long runs with.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

Oh Mighty Wing

I KNOW ME TOO!!!! I'm totally excited!!!

S&M Collector

I KNOW ME TOO!!!! I'm totally excited!!!
                  It is so cool to train for that first marathon and run a farther distance that you have ever ran before! I learned a lot about discipline and mental toughness and how to run that far. But, I think I learned the most about proper fueling and hydration......the hard way.
                  Come across any cool medals lately?

The Greatest of All Time

Anybody got an 8 week plan? Tongue
                    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                      Anybody got an 8 week plan? Tongue
                      I DO I DO Tongue 8-10-8-10-8-17=59 8-10-8-10-8-20=62 8-12-10-12-23=65 8-10-10-13-16=57 10-12-13-10-22=67 10-12-13-12-22=69 10-12-10-10-13=53 8-8-5-5-26.2=52.2 Big grin

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

The Greatest of All Time

I DO I DO Tongue 8-10-8-10-8-17=59 8-10-8-10-8-20=62 8-12-10-12-23=65 8-10-10-13-16=57 10-12-13-10-22=67 10-12-13-12-22=69 10-12-10-10-13=53 8-8-5-5-26.2=52.2 Big grin
                        I meant like a real plan and stuff. Not this ultra nonsense. Wink

I meant like a real plan and stuff. Not this ultra nonsense. Wink
                          and here I thought you were ragging on me asking about an 8 week earlier in the thread Tongue You really thinking of running a marathon in early October?

The Greatest of All Time

and here I thought you were ragging on me asking about an 8 week earlier in the thread Tongue You really thinking of running a marathon in early October?
                            I am registered for Chicago which is on Oct 12. I am barely back to running (see sad log). I think I need to baby it one more week and then start ramping it up. Surprisingly I still feel a good amount of speed in my legs. I am pretty sure I could still go sub 20 for a 5k, but I am just too scared right now to go intense. I am sure I could finish. But I don't want to risk further injury and miss Monkey. Am I making sense?

I am registered for Chicago which is on Oct 12. I am barely back to running (see sad log). I think I need to baby it one more week and then start ramping it up. Surprisingly I still feel a good amount of speed in my legs. I am pretty sure I could still go sub 20 for a 5k, but I am just too scared right now to go intense. I am sure I could finish. But I don't want to risk further injury and miss Monkey. Am I making sense?
                              I saw your log. If it were I ( and it's not and I know you didn't ask but I'll say it anyways) , I'd do it as a training run KNOWING that there is a good chance of DNF. Dh did that with a marathon last year. Well her didn't DNF but he didn't come close to anything he was really happy with. However 4 weeks later he took off an hour and 10 minutes giving himself a nice PR (for him).

The Greatest of All Time

I saw your log. If it were I ( and it's not and I know you didn't ask but I'll say it anyways) , I'd do it as a training run KNOWING that there is a good chance of DNF. Dh did that with a marathon last year. Well her didn't DNF but he didn't come close to anything he was really happy with. However 4 weeks later he took off an hour and 10 minutes giving himself a nice PR (for him).
                                DNF is not an option...ever. Heading into my May marathon, and before I got injured 3 weeks out, I was easily in sub 3 shape. I was actually shooting for 2:55 or sligthly better. Of course I had to sit and watch that level of fitness go bye bye. That was hard to take because I worked my ass off starting in mid January and was peaking perfectly. 1 ran a 1:22 HM in early April and could have gone <1:20 but="" i="" intentionally="" held="" back="" because="" it="" was="" my="" first="" race="" of="" that="" distance="" in="" a="" decade.="" so,="" fast="" forward="" to="" today="" and="" i="" don't="" know="" what's="" under="" the="" hood.="" i="" hate="" this.="" i="" have="" wrote="" this="" before,="" but="" not="" knowing="" what="" to="" do="" is="" incredibly="" frustrating.="" i="" admit="" i="" have="" no="" time="" goal="" for="" monkey="" and="" even="" if="" i="" was="" never="" injured,="" i="" had="" not="" planned="" on=""></1:20>racing Monkey. Monkey was my end of season meet and greet drunk fest. I was originally going to run it with Dragon76 (Amy) but she sort of backed out. So I will probably slug through Monkey with Drew and Shan. I know how I am. There is no way I can do Chicago just for fun or as a training run. Not going to happen. Not to say I will be stupid, go out too fast, and die, but I can't just chill out and enjoy a relaxed Sunday morning run through the city. I wish I could. So for my own good, I may just skip Chicago all together.