Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

You people ar a few monkeys short of a circus (Read 462 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

But will I set a new personal worst... that is the question. Btw, is that Tennessee or Kentucky spelling in the subject?
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

is that Tennessee or Kentucky spelling in the subject?
      Oz.
      bdub

Shoe Alarmist

But will I set a new personal worst...
        Your worst? This isn't a day at the beach or a family reunion (2 nigh-subtle race references). Let it go. You'll be okay. You've excelled in other marathons with flying mammals so why should this be any different? Just to be safe though - can you tell me if you would have wanted to die during a marathon? I doubt I'll be asked to eulogize you. SK might be asked to though and I want to make sure he is honest when he says, "That's the way he would have wanted to go."

Imminent Catastrophe

Btw, is that Tennessee or Kentucky spelling in the subject?
          Northwestern.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Go. U. Northwester! Saw a Cats sticker on a car this evening. Got me pumped up! PerfesserR, running Monkey this year?
              Your worst? This isn't a day at the beach or a family reunion (2 nigh-subtle race references). Let it go. You'll be okay. You've excelled in other marathons with flying mammals so why should this be any different? Just to be safe though - can you tell me if you would have wanted to die during a marathon? I doubt I'll be asked to eulogize you. SK might be asked to though and I want to make sure he is honest when he says, "That's the way he would have wanted to go."
              I'm not the one going 0 to monkey in 16 weeks. I'd probably have the Goofy co-worker do it anyway. He's worked his way all the way up to middle mgmt, so he's clearly good at blowing sunshine.
              bdub

Shoe Alarmist

I'm not the one going 0 to monkey in 16 weeks. I'd probably have the Goofy co-worker do it anyway. He's worked his way all the way up to middle mgmt, so he's clearly good at blowing sunshine.
                Nearly right - but I don't think it is sunshine, exactly.
                  Nearly right - but I don't think it is sunshine, exactly.
                  Pssst... Public forum... Code words, dude. MTA: Looks like I'm going to have to pick someone else, now. He's in for the Monkey, too.
                  bdub

Shoe Alarmist

He's in for the Monkey, too.
                    Monkey see monkey do. I can't believe he fell victim to the classic blunder. You never listen to the testimony of someone who has never monkeyed. We are all effed now, senor.
                      Ever notice how the Kentucky peeps have hijacked the thread with "are" misspelled. So very, very telling.