Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

I'M A MONKEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Read 480 times)

What did the doc think it could be? If he/she even had an initial opinion?

~Sara
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

DoppleBock

What did the doc think it could be? If he/she even had an initial opinion?

http://www.sportsinjurybulletin.com/archive/tibialis-tendinitis.html

She really was not a runner or athlete friendly doc - But a good all around doc and a step in the process.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Gotcha. I had a similar experience and then found a doctor/runner/xc coach that was more to my liking. Smile

~Sara
        It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

xor

There are some holes in the time-line that I still do not know exactly what I will be doing ...

The trick is... will you have this same basic reaction AFTER the weekend.

DoppleBock

Gotcha. I had a similar experience and then found a doctor/runner/xc coach that was more to my liking. Smile

If I have to pull out the big guns - I will look to the wizzard

http://www.orthorehab.wisc.edu/physical-therapy/faculty/heiderscheit.shtml

and visit the Emerald City

http://www.uwhealth.org/sports-medicine/runners-clinic/11310

If he tells you to rest - You know you are really f'd up.  It's 90 minutes away, but many people from this area drive down and get treatment from the best ...

DoppleBock

Sadly or happily - I have never drank and failed to  remembered all the details of the night. 

The trick is... will you have this same basic reaction AFTER the weekend.

A Saucy Wench

I hear you on the doc thing.  Without my really consenting to it my doc kicked me over to a chiro to manage my accident care.  She is fairly obviously anit-running.   The PT is pro running although doesnt understand that no, doing the elliptical or other exercise if you cant run anymore is NOT "almost as good".  WTF?  Do they have elliptical races that I dont know about?  Would they let me use one of those elliptical/bike dealy-do's in a race?

It is highly unlikely I will run more than the first loop.  Or possibly the last 4-5 miles with skootr.  Havent decided yet.  I am afraid to start at the start because last year I said I would quit and I didnt and this year it would be extraphenomenally stupid to continue.  Even more stupid than monkey stupid. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

"run" "2" "eat"

There are some holes in the time-line that I still do not know exactly what I will be doing ...

you can come watch me "play" soccer sunday evening.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams