Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Leaves (Read 731 times)

DoppleBock

Heh.

Few things here,

The yellow tights are no more...they've been gone for about a year, but kudos on the reference.

Candice, I think it would take a lot more for me to break 3.  Maybe next year. 

Well TT take heart, I am 3:00-3:05.

Only a broken baby toe - My DW is a nurse and said "Buddy tape it and stop your whining" so 15 days later it still hurts every run, but it really does not effect anything.

I am going with a 1 week taper to help balance out the universe and Candice's 4 week taper. 

But I will be on a 3+ week drinking taper (nadda), so I got that going for me.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Hoodoo Guru

The yellow tights- where did they go?

Donated to the "Wardrobe Malfunction Hall of Fame."

The tangents are moot.

The Thunder

Well that's lame. Calf huh?

What do you plan to run?

The yellow tights- where did they go?

Calf is OK.

I plan to run as fast as I can.

Yellow tights develped a hole in the crotchel region.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

TMI.

Hey Tanya, when you broke your groin, what was the diagnosis? Was it your psoas too?

Hey Tanya, when you broke your groin, what was the diagnosis? Was it your psoas too?

I never went to a doctor, but I actually had bruising near the top of my leg, so I'm pretty sure it was a slight pull/strain. I took a week off, wrapped it, and got a massage...It hurt slightly when I started back (and, like you, when I sped up), but never got worse and finally went away.

I would think taking a few more days off at this point to let it heal would put you in better shape for the Monkey than pushing through. But I know that's hard to do.

A Saucy Wench

I never went to a doctor, but I actually had bruising near the top of my leg, so I'm pretty sure it was a slight pull/strain. I took a week off, wrapped it, and got a massage...It hurt slightly when I started back (and, like you, when I sped up), but never got worse and finally went away.

I would think taking a few more days off at this point to let it heal would put you in better shape for the Monkey than pushing through. But I know that's hard to do.

+1  At this point fitness is pretty much what it is going to be.   Quit with the fast shit anyway, just go for staying loose.

One of the trainers at the gym today said I looked like I was limping while running.  Great. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Skooter 3.0

Did he mention that he had never seen someone look so hot while limping? Wink

Goals?