Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

What should I do while in Nashville. (Read 771 times)

A Saucy Wench

Due to feeling the need to get the hell away from my family, I'm coming into Nashville on Thursday. Which means I will have all of Friday and part of Saturday to do whatever. (assuming that Saturday I will be meeting with whatever pizza lunch or carbo dinner is planned) What should I do? I'm not a big touristy type person but a small amount of something like that might be ok.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thursday I am picking up shirts and then packing packets.  You?

Friday, who the hell knows, but I will be going to see Harry Potter that eve with the kiddos.

Saturday morning I will be marking the course.  I think WG and maybe another couple folks will be helping.  Packet pickup 2-4ish, then there is the whole carb thing for dinner.

Sunday is stupid.

I plan to run every day too.

Interested in any of that?  You should check out Nash-vegas while in Nash-vegas, you know.

xor

Saturday morning I will be marking the course.  I think WG and maybe another couple folks will be helping. 

Say more about this.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Pile into my minivan, drive around Monkeyville and jump out with chalk and spray-stuff every lil bit to draw on the road.  Good times!  The more the merrier Smile  In the past a crew has gathered to run a bit early, then I get to marking ~9 or 10.  It takes about 2 hours or so, sometimes less.

We get in at 11:55 on Saturday...

If anyones up for a easy 4 on the hills around 12 or 1...let us know. Pizza Perfect again for lunch would also be fun. Just sayin.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You are getting in at 11:55 and will be in Monkeyville by noon?

A Saucy Wench

Ben drives faster than he runs, duh

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Hoodoo Guru

The downtown Nashville pubs and clubs are fun and are open all day Friday and Saturday.  Free music at most places if you like country.  The clubs offer some of the best (and worst) live music in the world.  I'd be happy to join you late Friday afternoon for a beer downtown.  There should be others coming in town by then who might like to join.

The tangents are moot.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dallas.  Do you want me to let runners know about how to RSVP to you for pasta??

xor

Dallas.  Do you want me to let runners know about how to RSVP to you for pasta?? PIZZA

Oh. Right.

I'm bad at math.

Elly.

Pile into my minivan, drive around Monkeyville and jump out with chalk and spray-stuff every lil bit to draw on the road.  Good times!  The more the merrier Smile  In the past a crew has gathered to run a bit early, then I get to marking ~9 or 10.  It takes about 2 hours or so, sometimes less.

You probably need extra chalk/spray stuff & peeps.  Since the May flood the roads have deteriorated mightily.  Seems like I notice more and more potholes and eroding asphalt every time I run there. 

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

A Saucy Wench

You probably need extra chalk/spray stuff & peeps.  Since the May flood the roads have deteriorated mightily.  Seems like I notice more and more potholes and eroding asphalt every time I run there. 

You fill potholes with peeps?  I knew there was a use for them.

xor

Makes the surface nice and springy, like a track.

Until the next rain, and they all melt.

Hoodoo Guru

Dallas.  Do you want me to let runners know about how to RSVP to you for pasta??

Yes, I just e-mailed barleydog with info and a question.

The tangents are moot.