Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

What should I do while in Nashville. (Read 771 times)

Blondie

You fill potholes with peeps?  I knew there was a use for them.

LOL!!!  Who needs aid stations when the potholes are filled with sugery Easter candy.

xor

Facebook tells me:

<h6>so and so likes Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey (Public Figure).</h6>

The Monkey is a public figure!  I think you should go visit her/him Anney!  Get some inside info.

"run" "2" "eat"

whilst in nashville, you should visit sweet cece's!!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

A Saucy Wench

definitely interested in a run sometime friday with someone.  I might make it a "long run" for me and go for something outrageous like 4 miles.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

"run" "2" "eat"

i will not be running on friday.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

A Saucy Wench

will you be running on Sunday?

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

"run" "2" "eat"

nary. a. step.

The King of Beasts

where

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Kalsarikännit

It looks like A1, smalcolm and I are going to hit downtown on Friday night.  Anyone who wants to tag along is invited.  It isn't going to be anything formal (specific meet-up times, an actual destination in mind, etc), just going bar hopping downtown.  We aren't going to stay out late since we have to save our energy to fight off possible monkey attacks on Sunday.

I was hoping to just find some small, crappy dive bars, but I have become aware that information regarding second hand smoke has yet to reach Nashville (boy, will they be surprised).  I hear that I have to see Tootsies, but that may just be the locals sending to tourist to the touristy place.  Any info regarding good spots would be appreciated.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

WG, holler at me when you get into town. 

Any info regarding good spots would be appreciated.

If you want to see the absolute worst, filthiest, shoes-stuck-to-the-floor dive, you need to go to Springwater. It's over by where A1 does mile repeats. I caught bronchitis there once.

Enjoy!

A Saucy Wench

WG, holler at me when you get into town. 

+1

xor

Please don't holler at me, I might cry.

Kalsarikännit

"Please don't holler at me, I might cry."

You know that's just going to make me holler at you all weekend, right?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I was hoping to just find some small, crappy dive bars, but I have become aware that information regarding second hand smoke has yet to reach Nashville (boy, will they be surprised).  I hear that I have to see Tootsies, but that may just be the locals sending to tourist to the touristy place.  Any info regarding good spots would be appreciated.

You could go to Paradise Park. Dallas likes that place, don't you Dallas?

I was there when some large lady actually caved in the top of that car they have sitting in the middle of the bar by dancing on top of it.

That was always my favorite dive, anyway. Good music...Ramsay would like. You are gauranteed to hear Dixieland delight at least 3 times while you're there.