Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Grass (Read 559 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

So I know that I need to do hills (lots and lots of hills) but do I also need to practice running on grass? (is that a stupid question? it's just that i always run on mechatum/asphalt)
    JakeKnight

is that a stupid question?
      Yes.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

The Thunder

So I know that I need to do hills (lots and lots of hills) but do I also need to practice running on grass? (is that a stupid question? it's just that i always run on mechatum/asphalt)
        You will be on grass for all of about 1/2 a mile...tops. Not even that much.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Several people complained about the OBX marathon having trails as part of the run. Whopping 1/2 mile of well worn trail with every little root well marked. I think I go off road for more distance on my long runs than that.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You will be on grass for all of about 2/3 a mile...tops.

Oh Mighty Wing

oh i think i've been reading things wrong the WHOLE time!!!
                You will be on grass for all of about 2/3 a mile...tops.
                The sum of this series does not converge.
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Lessee. So far today, Thunder, who has yet to run the Monkey, has advised that folks stay in a hotel at the other end of town from the race, that there is less grass on the course than there really is, and has messed with admin functions on this board. Super Thunder!! Smile

Oh Mighty Wing

Saw this "The Monkey runs on grass through about mile 0.3, then on asphalt until 25.9, then back out on grass for the finish." But read it as "The Monkey runs on grass through about mile 0.3, then until 25.9, then back out on grass for the finish." Which clearly makes no sense, but I sat in the sun all day. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Why is it sideways?

The grass is the least of your worries. I know a good hook-up.
                      bdub

Shoe Alarmist

I think I go off road for more distance on my long runs than that.
                        Shenanigans
                        Len

Damn Yankee

My brother moved to Nashville?

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

ah, so the grass is before the monkey....

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                            Thyroid Support Group

Shenanigans
                              Indeed. I don't do "trails." But much of the semi-rural roads I run on have me running in the grass for short stretches here and there.
                              JakeKnight

I knew it.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                                -----------------------------