Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Think Monkey (Read 696 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Funny.  But then she ran under 4 hours. 

158.  What happens if I have to close before I open?

Hoodoo Guru

Funny.  But then she ran under 4 hours. 

158.  What happens if I have to close before I open?

Then the "I Hate Trent Fan Club" grows by about 200 members.

The tangents are moot.

bhearn

In. Where do we request bib numbers? I want τ.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Today's email.

Hello, runners. Look at your monkey, now back to me, now back at your monkey, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't really a monkey, but if he stopped using owl scented body wash and switched to Monkey Spice, he could smell like he's a monkey. Look down, back up, where are you? You're in a race with the monkey your monkey could smell like. What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two entries to that race you'll curse. Look again, the entries are now medals. Anything is possible when your monkey smells like Monkey Spice and not a monkey-wannabe. I'm on a race corse.

Now you've done it. Through poor luck, wrangling and bad timing, you got into the Monkey.

I am, of course, sorry. Almost as sorry as you will be at 8:06 on November 20, 2011. Which is to say, if you are getting this email, that means you are in the marathon. And I expect you to show up. If you are not getting this email, that probably just means that your spam filter is smarter than you are.

Some of you people are new. Some are coming back (and as Dallas reminds us, whether you are religious or not, Proverbs 26:11 teaches, "As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly"). And a foolish handful are running Monkey as their first marathon. Yeah, I know. I laughed too.

Some details to get you started. I will resend this over and over so that you will feel loved. Or maybe even read it.

- Your registration info is posted on the Monkey's website. Please take a look to make sure it is correct. Pay special attention to your number of monkey kills. I have found a few of you entered the wrong number. That sort of false bragger angers the Monkeys, and they are likely already going to be angry enough with your trespass this Fall.

- As always, we will not have automatic text messaging of your splits from this race, to be sent to friends and family everywhere. We will not have finish line videos streaming over the web, indexed with your bib number. We will not have cheer squads along the way, with a competition for best spirit and costume. We will not have pace groups.

- Packet pickup will likely be at the Gordon JCC on November 19, 2011 between 2pm and 4pm. The JCC is located at 801 Percy Warner Blvd, Nashville, TN 37148. This is less than 2 miles from the race start/finish area. Here is a map to the GJCC: http://tinyurl.com/MonkeyPacketPickup . Packet pickup will also be available race morning adjacent to the starting line.

- You cannot train for Monkey. You may as well give up now.

- If you happen to find wisdom while out jogging around, pretending to train for this thing, and realize you won't be able to make it to Monkey, please let me know so I can offer your spot to one of the foolish fools on our foolish wait list.

- And as you know, we are looking for volunteers on race morning. So if you know of anybody smart enough not to run who wants to come out and spend a sweltering or freezing morning in the park helping out, please let us know. Volunteers are awesome!

Anyhow. Welcome aboard. Go find some hills.

Think Monkey

Kalsarikännit

- Packet pickup will likely be at the Gordon JCC

And as smalcolm can tell you, that is the local Jewish Community College.

Very cute, Trent.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Very cute, Trent.

She really thought that? That's awesome lol

Hoodoo Guru

Trent.  Serious question.  Were you high when you wrote this?  I mean, I'm not judging or anything, but sheesh!

The tangents are moot.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

When am I not high?

DoppleBock

Trent - When I get e-mails from any other marathon trying to get me pumped up - I immediatley delete them.

Thank you for being entertaining.

Anything happening on the NG front that you are interested in importing into TN?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

A Saucy Wench

crap either my spam filter is smarter than I am or I forgot which email I registered under. 

I should start jogging soon

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

DB: Looks like there may be a cranbic and a chocolate abbey coming down the pipe.  Yeah, they both have me pumped!

Ennay: it was your gmail account.  Check your gmail spam.

xor

Very cute, Trent.

Before my first time (aahhhhh, the first time) and before I understood, I thought it was the Gordon Junior Community College.  Which I thought was a weird name, but hey, Nashville is a weird place.

I learned.

DoppleBock

I am full of it - Love that is

DoppleBock

If any of you want to do Trent a New Glarus (NG) favor - there is special NG beer and NG beer made for the masses - Spotted Cow / Fat Sqiirrell etc is made for the masses and available in NashVegas - Get something that NG makes special for WI people - Yes there are times Trent wishes he was from WI.

If in the past you brought Trent some of the Main Stream beers from NG - Do not feel bad - your heart was in the right place  -  but now you know.  If you happen to find some Enigma it is like an orgasm to Trent.

DB: Looks like there may be a cranbic and a chocolate abbey coming down the pipe.  Yeah, they both have me pumped!

A Saucy Wench

Yeah I have multiple gmail accounts for various purposes.  I'm pretty sure I know where it is, its not one I have set up on this computer (on vacation)

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7