Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Cali-Monkey Dreamin' (Read 549 times)

Skooter 3.0

I had another Monkey dream last night...my Grandmother had just been elected President of the United States, and I was in Nashville preparing for the Monkey Sidekick Showdown...and old prospector type guy took me to the top of a very steep hill. He said "Son, if you can top this hill, you can finish this race." He told me that this hill was called "Monkey Look Out" It cut a long loop around the mansion that the course went through in my first Monkey related dream.

It would be really awesome if the course actually went through a mansion. Shit, it would be really awesome if a mansion this cool looking even existed.

Goals?

Lazy idiot

I'm again, uh.... "looking forward" to "Not a Hill"

This post is further confirmation that this is going to be even more epic than last year.

Tick tock

He said "Son, if you can top this hill, you can finish this race." He told me that this hill was called "Monkey Look Out" It cut a long loop around the mansion that the course went through in my first Monkey related dream.

This hill would be mile 19. The Monkey Mansion I assume is Luke Lea.

Skooter 3.0

Are you telling me there's a mansion at the bottom of that lake?

Goals?

C-R

skootr - you need to lay off the everclear. that crap ain't gonna help you escape the flying monkeys. Mansion or no mansion.

Thought we lost Ricky on Saturday's run with a monkey attack around 9 mile hill.

This race is not only stupid but potentially deadly.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Skooter 3.0

Is there at least going to be an old prospector at the top of the hill?

Goals?

C-R

Is there at least going to be an old prospector at the top of the hill?

I only saw this guy but admittedly I was in a pain induced fog around Luke Lea.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Skooter 3.0

Was there a snake? In your boot?

Goals?

Hoodoo Guru

There are some interesting mansions on Chickering, one of the streets that border PWPark.  The Governor of Tenn. lives in one of them.  There is an odd looking house that you can see from the course that looks like a flat triangle.  When it was built 15 years ago or so I think it must have been the only house in Middle Tennessee that was something other than ranch or colonial because it was a huge deal.  There are some some monster houses (both mansions and McMansions) in the neighborhoods surrounding the park.

Lots of million dollar homes (or former million dollar homes) out there.

Not many prospectors that I know of.

The tangents are moot.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dallas, when do you want me to invite people to dinner?
                      C-R

There are some interesting mansions on Chickering, one of the streets that border PWPark.  The Governor of Tenn. lives in one of them.  There is an odd looking house that you can see from the course that looks like a flat triangle.  When it was built 15 years ago or so I think it must have been the only house in Middle Tennessee that was something other than ranch or colonial because it was a huge deal.  There are some some monster houses (both mansions and McMansions) in the neighborhoods surrounding the park.

Lots of million dollar homes (or former million dollar homes) out there.

Not many prospectors that I know of.

I saw no mansions from the course except in the wee distance overlooking the steeplechase but then again I may have been delerious from the lack of oxygen. I do recall some shanty near the golf course though. About the same place I noticed all of the buzzards.

Hoodoo Guru

Dallas, when do you want me to invite people to dinner?

You may invite them on Sunday.  I have a work event Saturday which (as you can tell from all of my nonsensical posting today) is taking up all of my time.  They can start e-mailing me with their RSVPs for a 5 pm dinner on Sunday.  (The "Expo" is 2-4pm, correct?)  Use my gmail address please: dallasdig@. 

I will stop by and see Corrado on Monday and work out the menu with him.

Last year we had three different pasta dishes (including one vegetarian dish) and pizza.  Wine was a $3 cork fee and beer was $3/six pack.  I will confirm those prices with Corrado also.

Or you can just wait until Monday and I have confirmed everything.  But if you can't wait, the info above should be enough for everyone.

The tangents are moot.

Who wants to go to Pizza Perfect for lunch with Ben and I?!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The day before...we always have pizza the day before marathons for lunch.