Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

21 days until Chocolate Abbey (Read 753 times)

DoppleBock

Sitting so lonely on the shelf

"You don't even look at me"

It sees the vodka go to play

It feels sad and neglected

wanting a new home

love and appreciation

Has anyone else found this beer yet?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

xor

I think Chocolate Abbey was one of the groupies from the 70s.  Or perhaps one of MJ's. Grand Funk wrote a song about her.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hey DB. I ended up with a couple bottles just now.  So feel free to take one down and pass it around, if you'd like Smile

xor

Hey DB. I ended up with a couple bottles just now.  So feel free to take one down and pass it around, if you'd like Smile

pass it around too.  Don't bogart.

DoppleBock

Beer is like Lays Potatoe chips to me - There in no "one".

DoppleBock

Still safe - But 1.75L of vodka is down to its last leg ...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Do I need to get another liter or two of vodka into the mail?  Or slivovitz?

DoppleBock

Or encourage me to start taking training seriously and give up sauce altogether!  At least for 30 days.

DoppleBock

Today during the Packer game Trent's Chocolate Abbey was saved by Trent ... as my DW and I sampled the yazoo beer from Grandmas.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Awesome!

Bring a growler to Monkey

DoppleBock

Have acquired a bit of a cold - I have lost all desire to drink alchohol ... I am not sure if getting this cold will be good for Monkey (no drinking for awhile), but it is good for the Chocolate Abbey.

Most of you highly intelligent Monkey runners already realize this is a spoof thread about tweaking for a marathon ... So go ahead if you are already tweaking and post it here ...

Getting a cold is not a direct result of training hard, but a result of recovering poorly - It has beaten my immune system down a bit - Or maybe one of my desease carriers (DD#1 or DD#2) just infected me.  I do not think I am training on the edge - Really moderate to slightly above moderate workouts.  Although I have made decisions that affect recovery.  We all know over training is a falacy - It is under recovering that leads to the condition.  I have done 2 Sunday / Monday back-to-back harder workouts to fit training into family life.

As Trent states - You cannot train for Monkey - So I am not - I am just training, with Monkey a fun speed bump on the path of life.

That being said - I have been A1's bitch for awhile - Not sure if I can rectify that situation - But that is my hope.

Hoodoo Guru

OK, here's a tweak for you.  Just found out that my 12 year old daughter has decided to get baptized.  I know, good news.  The only problem is the date, Nov. 20th.  Yes, THAT Nov. 20th.  The service starts at 11:30 and my wife told me that I will be allowed to be a little late, since the baptism is not until after the service.

So, I'm going to have to start early.  Probably 5am or 5:30 in order to get done in 4:20, go home shower and get to the church.  Leaves me out of the post race festivities on site, but will allow me to  show for post race beers at Mafiaoza's.

But I will greatly miss saying hello to everyone pre-race, watching everyone who finishes after me come in, the awards ceremony and having a beer with all of those who come in before me.

I've been moping around thinking, "Fuck, I didn't do all of this stupid training in order to run the race by myself in the middle of the morning.  Hell I can do that anytime." 

But I am happy for my daughter, so I'll deal with it.  I assume drinking will help.

The tangents are moot.

DoppleBock

Monkey - However great - Happens every year - Baptism is a one time great thing - Easy decision.

You will be missed pre-post race.

"run" "2" "eat"

i'm also starting early. although i cannot keep up with your pace (i know, right?) at least you won't have to start alone!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Hoodoo Guru

Monkey - However great - Happens every year - Baptism is a one time great thing - Easy decision.

You will be missed pre-post race.

Actually, she was baptized not long after her birth, but wants to do it again, this time being her decision.  

And I'm retiring from Monkey after this race.  I've said this every year, but this time I mean it.

The tangents are moot.