Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Think Monkey (Read 696 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Every year I make a promise to myself.

Every year I break the promise.

Every year I promise myself that I won't do this again.  I won't put people through the painful, relentless suffering that is the Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon.

And yet every year I do it anyway.  It is a car-wreck, you don't want to look but you cannot keep your eyes off it.

But there it is.  Monkey nature.  You just gotta do what you are compelled to do.  I guess.

Anyhow, if you are foolish, registration will open on August 1 at 8am Central time.  Here:

http://www.active.com/running/nashville-tn/harpeth-hills-flying-monkey-marathon-2011

Last year, registration filled in 32 minutes.  This year, who knows.  Maybe the world's wisdom quotient has increased and nobody will register.  One can only hope.  The world would likely be a better place for it.  For those who do actually register, the race is scheduled for Sunday, November 20 at 8am.

Anyhow. Perhaps we'll see you then.

Think Monkey
    Trent

IMKY13 finish!!

have you decided which course you'll be using...the original or the one from last year?

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes, I believe I have decided.

yawn

Elly.

have you decided which course you'll be using...the original or the one from last year?

Oh, Paul, silly boy.

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

The King of Beasts

Dear Trent,

I hate you.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

xor

^^ That is awesome!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

xor

That's Archee McPhee's in Seattle.  It is a store of "oddities"... really a toy store/joke shop thing.  Stuff like bacon flavored toothpaste.

Stuff you can get on their website.

A Saucy Wench

That's Archee McPhee's in Seattle.  It is a store of "oddities"... really a toy store/joke shop thing.  Stuff like bacon flavored toothpaste.

Stuff you can get on their website.

We shop there for stocking stuffers 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

And I ain't talking about SRL's bib.

xor

Gonna wear it sideways.

Skooter 3.0

Aaaaand I'm an idiot. Three times running now.

Goals?

"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The monkeys. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, race them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the monkey race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see monkeys. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can run the monkey, they are the ones who do"

I hate you too, Trent.

MTA: I was upset that it wouldn't allow me to put that I had ran 2.5 Monkeys. That should be an option in the pull down box.

Lazy idiot

Aaaaand I'm an idiot. Three times running now.

Plus one makes four.  GDDMNT!

Tick tock