Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Unprovoked attack in PWP - this could happen to you (Read 645 times)

There will be plenty of folks of extremely varied paces. I'll be trending towards the slower side myself.
    I've only done 2 marathons...and in both of them I asked myself what the hell I was doing. Hopefully I'll be "well" enough to enjoy the beer afterwards. To me the best part of running is when I stop and drink cold beer. Big grin

Lazy idiot

I've only done 2 marathons...and in both of them I asked myself what the hell I was doing. Hopefully I'll be "well" enough to enjoy the beer afterwards. To me the best part of running is when I stop and drink cold beer. Big grin
      I've not done any to date. I'm already asking myself what the hell I'm doing. Looking forward to meeting up!

Tick tock

Hi Tanya! I just read your blog about your bet with JK - congrats on the win! Both of you are ridiculously fast...is there ANY slow people running the Flying Monkey? (besides me)
        I was hoping for 3:30 marathon pace on a less challenging course this year, but right now, I'm hoping to be back to 4 hour marathon shape by Monkey... Monkey may be a painful 4 1/2 hours for me.
          I've not done any to date. I'm already asking myself what the hell I'm doing. Looking forward to meeting up!
          My sister had 3 kids - but the first 2 were twins. She said after the twins, having just one seemed easier. Maybe doing the Flying Monkey as your first one will make all the other ones easier. You may be doing this the right way.

Lazy idiot

My sister had 3 kids - but the first 2 were twins. She said after the twins, having just one seemed easier. Maybe doing the Flying Monkey as your first one will make all the other ones easier. You may be doing this the right way.
            You're not the first person to suggest this. I'm hoping that you're all correct.

Tick tock

I was hoping for 3:30 marathon pace on a less challenging course this year, but right now, I'm hoping to be back to 4 hour marathon shape by Monkey... Monkey may be a painful 4 1/2 hours for me.
              Ok...I think maybe I should stop asking. I don't know if I can handle the truth. Sad My goal for my first marathon...and my second marathon...was to break 4 hours. I did CMM in 4:24, then the Marine Corps Marathon in 4:15. For this one I'd like to not be last...and to be able to drink beer when I finish. Have you ran the Monkey before?
                Ok...I think maybe I should stop asking. I don't know if I can handle the truth. Sad My goal for my first marathon...and my second marathon...was to break 4 hours. I did CMM in 4:24, then the Marine Corps Marathon in 4:15. For this one I'd like to not be last...and to be able to drink beer when I finish. Have you ran the Monkey before?
                Nope. Some idiot co-worker (bdub) decided that Monkey would be his comeback marathon after running 3:07:30 in Memphis last year. Somehow I signed myself up. I've run 8.25 miles in 14 days, though. I don't know if I really even want to finish at this point. I did Hatfield-McCoy in 4:42 after running 3:39 for Flying Pig.
                JakeKnight

You just never run the races that I run. You run the weird random races. Are you running the Classic? Oh and...how is your finger?
                  Strange. I thought we ran a race together last April. I looked for you for three hours and 37 minutes, though, and could never find you. That wasn't my finger. And yes, I plan to keep repeating that joke. It just never stops being funny.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

JakeKnight

You don't look familiar - is your avatar a recent picture? I've met Candice, House, and Trent briefly on training runs. I live in Manchester, so you probably don't know me.
                    England is a long drive. Do you car pool? Isn't there a Striders this weekend? Will you be there? Will we have tea and crumpets?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

JK. Be very very careful. Tony has very powerful friends. One goes by the name Willamona.
                        England is a long drive. Do you car pool? Isn't there a Striders this weekend? Will you be there? Will we have tea and crumpets?
                        No, no, not Monchestah, Mayun-chayusturr. Can't make it to the striders thing this weekend, it's my weekend with my son. I looked at your profile pic and I'm pretty sure I've never seen you. Makes sense because a 3:37 marathon means you're probably on your way home by the time I finish if we've ever ran the same races. I ran the CMM in 2007, but just did the half this year. In your pic - is that an electronic musical device you're wearing? I started a "virtual" riot on the Striders board before I did my first marathon (back in 2007) by simply asking if ipods were allowed. It's not a big deal to me, but some people are extremely emotional about it.

"run" "2" "eat"

For this one I'd like to not be last.
                          no worries, mate. i plan to be the last monkeythonner on the course, and i shall let no one take this honour from me. at least - not without a fight.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Oh Mighty Wing

no worries, mate. i plan to be the last monkeythonner on the course, and i shall let no one take this honour from me. at least - not without a fight.
                            I may keep you company, but I promise I will go into the chute before you if it would make you happy! Smile
                              In your pic - is that an electronic musical device you're wearing? I started a "virtual" riot on the Striders board before I did my first marathon (back in 2007) by simply asking if ipods were allowed. It's not a big deal to me, but some people are extremely emotional about it.

Tanya - why you hatin' on horses? Are they in with the owls & monkeys? Tongue