Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

I made it out alive (Read 786 times)

The Thunder

But 4 of those monkeys weren't so lucky...I snapped their little necks!

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

But 4 of those monkeys weren't so lucky...I snapped their little necks!
      YOU are such a stud!! GO THUNDER

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hoodoo Guru

I (and everyone else out there on the course today) call bullshit. And what's with Liz forgetting the beer. Sheesh. I ran up that hill for nothing.

The tangents are moot.

The Thunder

I (and everyone else out there on the course today) call bullshit. And what's with Liz forgetting the beer. Sheesh. I ran up that hill for nothing.
          Dude, this means we have to get that tatoo.

Why is it sideways?

If you don't quit misspelling tattoo, I'm going to tear out my eyeballs.

The Thunder

If you don't quit misspelling tattoo, I'm going to tear out my eyeballs.
              Dude, what is rong with you?

Lazy idiot

You guys are hellarious.

Tick tock

The Thunder

You guys are hellarious.
                  Hey Drew! I've been wondering how things turned out for you? How about a race report?

Lazy idiot

Hey Drew! I've been wondering how things turned out for you? How about a race report?
                    Things went really well, all things considered (did I really train for this thing?). Thanks for the words of encouragement when we passed. (You too, Jeff and Mikey) That race report is probably going to take a day or so. Not like I'm doing anything but looking at Tennessee landscape for five days.

Tick tock

runforthehills

And it really wasn't so bad-- I mean, no worse than when I broke my upper arm bone, or when I got t-boned in my little honda prelude and they had to cut me out with some very loud piece of equipment, or when i got the bends coming up to0 fast on a dive back in the Navy...
                      bdub

Shoe Alarmist

And it really wasn't so bad-- I mean, no worse than when I broke my upper arm bone...
                        Verily and forsooth! Yesterday I felt like a virgin. A virgin as Quenin Tarantino described Madonna's song of the same title in the movie "Reservoir Dogs". It turns out that the Monkey [edited for content] me in the [edited for content] before [edited for content] and smoked a cigarette. Yesterday was my marathon #7 (lucky 7?) but today I can't walk just like after my first marathon. My body had built up enough of a tolerance to master walking post-marathon but apparently not the day following the Monkey. I admit, earlier I thought these forums were filled with fear mongers and those trying to excite and frigthen those of us from out of town. Now I understand they were just historians carefully documenting the foolishness that is a Monkey participation. I had a great time yesterday what with the striders and swampers and all. I met a lot of great people and the volunteers were awesome at packet pick-up, on the course, and afterwards. I've ran small and mega marathons and a few in between but this was my favorite thus far ("except for the hills"). This race has personality and isn't some sterilized BQ event. Nicely done and well played everyone. MTA: Thanks Trent!

Why is it sideways?

Hey bdub--nice chatting with ya yesterday. Good work, brother.
                            I'm not sore at all. I feel better after this marathon than I ever have after a marathon. Pssh...Monkeys.

Why is it sideways?

Liar.
                                Liar.
                                No really. Okay, but there's a tiny bit of soreness in my quads...but otherwise... honestly. MTA: Oh, and the detached toe...but that doesn't count does it?