Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Yesterday's email (on July 31) (Read 751 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

MONKEY TRENT!!!  I can't get into registration.  I MUST DO THE MONKEY!!  I wan to do the marathon on the last day as a 20-something before entering into old age on 11/22 Smile  What is this silly password that is required?  I have combed the website and the last email that you sent out titled "Groovy Monkey" looking for this elusive password to no avail. 

I have been trying to get to this login since 9:04AM EST...so my morning started out by looking out my boyfriend's kitchen window...where I'm currently living as my rental house has ghosts in it and a bug problem....and will be living with aforementioned boyfriend for a couple more weeks until I move into new apartment (new as in new address AND newly built minimizing the chances of being awakened repeatedly in the middle of the night with SOMETHING in my bedroom) ANYWAY...so here I am pouring my coffee looking out across the lawn at the lake when there are MULTIPLE strange dogs in our yard....only to find out that the gnarly, dingo-looking dog that we had rescued from the park last week (as it had apparently been dumped as she was starving and covered in fleas) is in heat...god bless it.  She is attracting every male dog in the tri-county area.  I have already called Oreo and Frankey's owners - thankfully 2 of the currently 7 male dogs were wearing tags.  SO anyway, Porsche (we couldn't just call her "Dog" now could we) is safely contained within the garage and the dogs hoping to get lucky are just nicely sitting outside garage door patiently waiting for Porsche to make an appearance.  Needless to say, Porsche will be spayed on Monday.  Ok, so here I head out for my happy little 10 mile run at the local park when I realize that I forgot to bring a granola bar...and well, if I'm heading to get a granola bar, I might as well stop by McDonald's for a coffee.  SO here it is 8:55AM EST - so I thought, well I'll just pull out my laptop and drink my coffee and sign up for the FLYING MONKEY..the race I dream about doing...my very first stand-alone marathon.  I pull out my trusty IBM Thinkpad and low and behold I have about 30 minutes of battery life left.  Which quickly turned to 5 minutes while I fought with my Sprint aircard in the McDonald's parking lot with my happy coffee.  AND then, my laptop battery died.  SO, I decide to head over to the local animal shelter since well, I needed to stop by there anyway later this morning to drop off some shelter supplies.  And I would plug my laptop in there.  I stop to get gas, and decide to sit on the BP gas station curb, plug my laptop in and TRY again to sign up for the FLYING MONKEY.  As I'm sitting there, I'm hit on my a 17-year old wanna-be thug with his pit bull on a chain.  God bless the town of Anderson, Indiana.  I try every imaginable password...Groovy Monkey, Hilly Monkey, No Monkey, Hairy Monkey, and Waxed Monkey - all while trying to avoid conversation with this young, aspiring rapper.  I did talk him into making an appointment to spay his dog, Yolanda.  Named after his baby mamma.  So sweet.  Here I am back where I started 2 hours ago.  Sitting in my boyfriend's living room trying again to register. 

Can I please, please, please, please register for this race?  I will do anything to get into this race. 

Sincerely,

(aka Aspiring Flying Monkey Catcher)

Skooter 3.0

Heh.

Goals?

A Saucy Wench

but did she get up early to hit the 32 minute window?

And holy crap, there is someone else from Oregon registered. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes.  But she was near the end.

She would have done "anything to get into this race"?

Eeesh.

A Saucy Wench

you shoulda told her to build you a house.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Lazy idiot

you shoulda told her to build you a house.

Much funnier than what was going through my fourth grade mind.

Tick tock

A Saucy Wench

<offtopic> awwww hell Drew, your name really DOES mean what I've always associated it with.  i don't know why today I was gonna say something about stupid EOB's  from dh's company and then I thought "I wonder what Drew does" Oh.    Carry on </offtopic>

Hoodoo Guru

And holy crap, there is someone else from Oregon registered. 

And Oregon is so far away from Nashville.  No wonder she had trouble getting an internet connection.

The tangents are moot.

A Saucy Wench

And Oregon is so far away from Nashville.  No wonder she had trouble getting an internet connection.

Well that and we still drive around in covered wagons out here. 

No joke, when I was phone screening job candidates at my old job I got questions like "Are there roads in Oregon?"  "Do you have stores?"  "Are the schools still one-room?"  "Is it hard to find houses with indoor plumbing there?"

These were engineers interviewing for a job with a semiconductor manufacturer.   No - no electriciy, we run the fab with 16 horses hooked up to a generator. 

Oddly, none of those folks made it past the initial screen.

Lazy idiot

<offtopic> awwww hell Drew, your name really DOES mean what I've always associated it with.  i don't know why today I was gonna say something about stupid EOB's  from dh's company and then I thought "I wonder what Drew does" Oh.    Carry on </offtopic>

Heh... good guess, but ultimately incorrect. 

EOB stands for "end of (the) bench", which is where I sat on my beer league hockey team after I got out of college.

I do not like my current profession enough to include references to such in my screenname on a message board full of mostly imaginary people.  

Tick tock

A Saucy Wench

EOB stands for "end of (the) bench", which is where I sat on my beer league hockey team after I got out of college.

I do not like my current profession enough to include references to such in my screenname on a message board full of mostly imaginary people.  

Thank god.  Because that would be really dorky

Nice attempt at covering, but caught red-handed.

Lazy idiot

Nice attempt at covering, but caught red-handed.

Who, me?  I wrote a dumb hockey-centric blog for nearly 2 years, and that's where the EOB came from.  I should probably change my profession on my RA profile to secret agent or something to eliminate confusion.

Tick tock

A Saucy Wench

Who, me?  I wrote a dumb hockey-centric blog for nearly 2 years, and that's where the EOB came from.  I should probably change my profession on my RA profile to secret agent or something to eliminate confusion.

You should probably change your profession on your profile because, well, its HR.  

And it doesnt matter what you say. In my head for 2 years you have been "Drew Explanation of Benefits" and you will remain so.