Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Where did the time go? (Read 697 times)

xor

Deep down, I have no idea what it's all about either.  His strategy involves following me around various discussion threads and vomiting on me.  Then, a few hours later, he will delete his posts.  At first I thought it was because he had second thoughts about what he posted.  But he's been doing it for several weeks now.  The weird thing above appeared last night.  And then disappeared sometime after.  When I read it, I see some reasonable stuff. I also see some weird need to "shame me" (by making a public letter out of it) and then toward the end he's shaking a finger at me for messages I've sent.  The only message I sent was an apology to a person in which I mentioned that I dunno why chuck is mad at me.  So that single message was enough for him to publicly shame me.  Weird.

Point being, this amps up a notch to a level that makes me want to come nowhere near this guy.  I don't even want to do the weird 'patch things up' thing nor seek to understand.  I just want it to stop.

DoppleBock

I am pretty oblivious, so I usually have no idea when someone is hating on me ... I am also a pretty big jackass, so it happens form time to time. 

I do remember sitting with House and MJ post Monkey 2008 - I had not idea who MJ was ... he introduced himself as MJ ... If he had said Chuck Engle - I would have known who he was ... anyway toward the end of the evening I pissed him off somehow - No idea how and he started yelling at me all these stats about his podium finishes and wins.  Maybe he wasn't pissed off?  Maybe I said something really jackassed?  He was full of wine, I was full of beer ... I found the whole evening humorous as apparently Candice and Ben and MJ made peace that night?  Not sure as I am oblivious

... What were we talking about?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

... I am also a pretty big jackass,

Hardly. You're one of the more even-tempered online personas I know.

AND DON'T ARGUE WITH ME ABOUT THAT!

Hoodoo Guru

MJ's remarks are odd, because in my 8+ years of message boarding, I have seen no one as consistently encouraging and helpful to runners over the years as srlopez.

Oh well, message boards are stupid.

The tangents are moot.

DoppleBock

Not to argrue - But I have come to the realization that since I am a man - I am a big Jackass by default 

Hardly. You're one of the more even-tempered online personas I know.

AND DON'T ARGUE WITH ME ABOUT THAT!

Lazy idiot

MJ's remarks are odd, because in my 8+ years of message boarding, I have seen no one as consistently encouraging and helpful to runners over the years as srlopez.

Oh well, message boards are stupid.

I agree with this.  It seems like sometimes MJ gets his kicks on message boards by being a complete bull for no great reason.

Sorry you got caught in that, srlopez.

Tick tock

I found the whole evening humorous as apparently Candice and Ben and MJ made peace that night?  Not sure as I am oblivious

... What were we talking about?

Something like that. I was drunk. I'm nicer when i'm drunk.

(PS- that was 2009. You didn't run Monkey in 08)

xor

Heh.  Thanks.  Actually, I am self-aware enough to realize that sometimes my own jokes don't go over well and I'm not positive about stuff at key moments when positivity should outweigh whatever need I might have at the time to be "right" or "ensure all facts are presented" etc etc.  And I know that I factor into message board drama more than many.  Hell, I post more than many. That's good and bad.

But anyway. It's a mystery.

thanks for the nice words

DoppleBock

Remember I am oblivious

Something like that. I was drunk. I'm nicer when i'm drunk.

(PS- that was 2009. You didn't run Monkey in 08)

I thought peace was made at packet pickup 2009.  I remember hugs all around. 

I remember Elly (this was 2010) telling MJ as he ran by her fairly early in the race "Ben is WAY ahead!"    Loved it.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Hoodoo Guru

I'm nicer when i'm drunk.

You are also funnier when you're drunk.  Or funnier when I'm drunk.   Not sure which.

The tangents are moot.

I thought peace was made at packet pickup 2009.  I remember hugs all around. 

I remember Elly (this was 2010) telling MJ as he ran by her fairly early in the race "Ben is WAY ahead!"    Loved it.

No. Well...he made peace with BEN at packet pickup. It was post race before him and I did.

There were no hugs. I don't remember hugs.

You are also funnier when you're drunk.  Or funnier when I'm drunk.   Not sure which.

Didn't anyone teach you about alcohol and its effects on the body?

Maybe the hugs were you and Shannon.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

I do remember her hugging me. Where'd she go anyway?