Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

I dub thee "Storm Monkey" (Read 911 times)

bhearn

i am the unwinner!! i unbeat you all!!

All of us here, maybe, but a friend of mine unbeat you... he DNFed.
    xor

You can't unwin if you don't unplay.

A Saucy Wench

i am the unwinner!! i unbeat you all!!

bwah hah haaaa!!!

PISS OF THE EQUESTRIENNES!!

I did say PISS OF THE EQUESTRIENNES!! as I went by there.  And then I thought that might be the rain

My shoes no longer match my shirt.  I need to roll my shirt in the mud

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

I've done the 50k+marathon double before... most recently in September (with a 3:38 marathon that I could have run faster).

But yes a Dizzy Monkey PR.  That's pretty cool.

But that previous double didn't feature the Dizzy North Loop (3 times) on the Mountain Mist trail. Nasty. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

"where the downs are way more treacherous than the ups".

No foolin.

Imminent Catastrophe

Today at the Atlanta Half Marathon invisible monkeys were clinging to both legs, weighting them down and biting at my knees--Monkey hauntings! The RD should have warned us of this.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

The answer is: pneumonia.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Boo.

Me, I have spiderwebs in the chest, but no pneumonkeys.

Sorry to hear it, Wang.  I had it back in '81 (it really was pneu back then!); as I recall, it sucked.  Hope you feel better!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Elly.

Both my son and grandson were down with pneumonia in the last few weeks.  really snarky stuff.  Feel better. 

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

The King of Beasts

The answer is: pneumonia.

I blame Trent.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

xor

So do I. So do I.

And Waffle House.

"run" "2" "eat"

wait - what? you blame waffle house?? for what??? for why???? for how?????

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

xor

wait - what? you blame waffle house?? for what??? for why???? for how?????

for giving me pneumonia via lil tiny beasties.  Why?  Because I am despised by Waffle House?  I dunno.

Maybe MJ told them to do this.

"run" "2" "eat"

when you say "waffle house" do you mean, like, an actual Waffle House?

or, do you mean... me?

because, señor, i like you, but not enough to give you pneumonia.

i save that gift for my besties.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams