Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

It's Official, Post Monkey at Mafiaozas (Read 700 times)

Hoodoo Guru

http://www.mafiaozas.com/nashville

Link has maps and directions.

6 pm.

MTA:  2 for 1 draft beer

The tangents are moot.

Lazy idiot

MTA:  2 for 1 draft beer

And do not try to only order 1 draft beer.  They'll claim they can't do it.

not that I tried or anything.

Tick tock

Skooter 3.0

I don't blame them, what kind of person would only want one, anyway?

Goals?

DoppleBock

Good to know

I have been places that when you order 2 beers they will bring you 4.  When I told the waitress I only wanted 2, she said "You should have ordered 1 becuase its 2 for 1"

Luckily It was not a problem

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Lazy idiot

I don't blame them, what kind of person would only want one, anyway?

Someone who doesn't want to lug 45 more lbs than his competitor up 18-mill hill.

Also, I didn't realize they were so small.

Tick tock

DoppleBock

Will they call me a cab and let me leave my truck in the parking lot?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

A Saucy Wench

Will this be the same again? 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Yes.

"run" "2" "eat"

if it weren't for the fact that i will be playing in the championship soccer game for fall league, you know i would so be there.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

if it weren't for the fact that i will be playing in the championship soccer game for fall league, you know i would so be there.

Is the fall league anything like the Junior League?

Hoodoo Guru

Hey that brings up an interesting point.  I was trying to find a place closer to the MicroHell Motel for the post race beer fest and dinner.  I had two candidates in mind.  The old Jonathan's on Hwy 70, now called AJ's Ale House, near the defunct Bellevue Mall was one choice and Brewhouse West was the other one.  Brewhouse West would be a lot of fun but is probably too small (and too smoky) for our group.  Has great outdoor seating, but it is a little too cool for outdoor seating.  AJ's is not open until 4 pm on weekdays, so I didn't get a chance to go in and check it our or talk to anyone.

So unless anyone wants to come up with another great idea, we can certainly do Mafiaoza's again.  I'll be happy to go by there and get them to reserve some space for us.

The tangents are moot.

That's funny..(not ha ha) because we were JUST saying the other day that the post party should be at AJ's since it's stumbling distance to hotels.

I've been there a few times and liked it...Loads of beers on tap, decent bar foods, pizza, big smoke-free bar.

When it was Jonathan's they used to have 2 for 1 beers on Sundays, but not sure now. Sometimes it gets a little crowded in the bar for football, but the Titans will have already lost by 6:00.

mta: Just checked...2 for 1 all day every day. Wheee!

xor

I was juuuuust about to post that I liked AJs when I was there, but it was quite crowded for football (that night it was Texas Tech v Oklahoma during a year when both teams were supposedly good, but my team got unmasked. And snuggied.). 

The late game is Giants v Eagles... dunno how into it the local folks will be.  If'n you guys lose to the Redskins, eeek.

Anyway, I do like that AJs is closer.  Last year, I would have gotten lost trying to come back from Mafioso's/Mafiaozas if not for someone else's keen navigation skills.  Which is fun because I was the one who was stone cold sober.

There is also a tremendously better chance that I will finally make it to the post party if it's at AJ's since it's 2 miles from my house.

Though this may not be a positive argument for it.