Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Locals, help? (Read 702 times)

Why is it sideways?

DO NOT DRIVE THE WRONG WAY!!!! As someone who rides out there as well as runs, you could easily kill someone by driving the wrong way there. Cyclists come zipping down some of those hills north of 30 MPH, and if you're going the wrong way on a one way road....NOT GOOD.
    Dude. Some things are more important than the life of a cyclist.
    Mishka-old log

Dude. Some things are more important than the life of a cyclist.
      Damn I'm glad I switched back to running.

Why is it sideways?

Damn I'm glad I switched back to running.
        Let me explain: it's a big hike: you'd probably have to walk a half a mile up a hill. Balancing that vs. taking out an unsuspecting cyclist. Pretty much a no-brainer. I don't get why Thunder's got his panties in a wad.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Cyclists come zipping down some of those hills north of 30 MPH, refuse to pay any attention to anybody or anything around them and think it is their God given right to wreak havoc, slam into runners and cars and blame them; and if you're going the wrong way on a one way road....NOT GOOD.
          Dude. A car that is parked is just as much a danger to an out of control cyclist as one going 5 MPH the wrong way. Open your eyes.

The Thunder

Let me explain: it's a big hike: you'd probably have to walk a half a mile up a hill. Balancing that vs. taking out an unsuspecting cyclist. Pretty much a no-brainer. I don't get why Thunder's got his panties in a wad.
            You get a wedgie next time I see you. You're getting very runnerly too...which means it will be hard for you to fight me off. It's on.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

The Thunder

Dude. A car that is parked is just as much a danger to an out of control cyclist as one going 5 MPH the wrong way. Open your eyes.
              People dont park in the middle of the road. They park to the side...where a cyclist can avoid them.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

People dont park in the middle of the road. They park to the side...where a cyclist can avoid them.
                On a road that is 12.5 feet wide with huge drop offs instead of shoulders, you have no choice but to park in the middle of the road.

The Thunder

On a road that is 12.5 feet wide with huge drop offs instead of shoulders, you have no choice but to park in the middle of the road.
                  I've never been hit by a parked car.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I've never been hit by a parked car.
                    No, but you have been hit by a grannie going the correct direction on a road. Oh wait. No. I got that wrong. You hit her. Evil grin