Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

It was a lovely morning in PWP (Read 697 times)

S&M Collector

I say you and I just go do our own thing. Macaroni Grill sounds fine. What time? Will you be bringing beer?
    Sounds good. 7 p.m. and yes. I don't go anywhere without beer.
    Come across any cool medals lately?

Oh Mighty Wing

Aren't you supposed to be out running?
      i changed into my running clothes and I'm working on motivating myself into my socks and shoes... aren't you supposed to be also?

S&M Collector

Frankly, I don't care where you folks eat other than that I'd hate to see folks travel all this way just to eat the same mediocre food they can get a mile from their house when there is really good chow nearby. It would also be a shame for folks to have to spend an extra 45 minutes in their car driving to Rivergate (or Cool Springs) and then another 45 minutes to drive back when there is so much cool stuff closer. It occurs to me that Finezza is very close by, could likely accommodate a group, and generally serves excellent and reasonably priced food. But I'm not organizing it and I will likely have to hit several restaurants that night anyway.
        Bump. This man is an eruption of useful advice and info. (insert photo of Adam Schein). Seriously. Good advice. I just am trying to see how many threads I can incorporate the word "Rivergate" into. Tongue
        Come across any cool medals lately?
          i changed into my running clothes and I'm working on motivating myself into my socks and shoes... aren't you supposed to be also?
          touche. Actually I have to wait until 5 when dh SHOULD be offically out of the office so he can keep an eye on the kids. We're not talking today though Confused

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

seriously I don't care where i eat as long as I eat and get to meet people. I liked the idea of a House gathering because big groups and checks are a pain in the ass. And because then we can go potluck style and it's informal.

The Greatest of All Time

I want some BBQ. Pasta, eh.
              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                Um I see you're "skirting" casa's question Roll eyes

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

JakeKnight

I just am trying to see how many threads I can incorporate the word "Rivergate" into. Tongue
                  The only thing I actually know about Rivergate is that somebody sells used cars there. My TV says so.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

A party at a house is great, but you have to find somebody willing and able to host 20-50 people, and possibly organize and pay for all the food and drink (won't be me). The postrace party (weather permitting) is just like a house party, but it is still light out AND folks will at that point all have shared the experience of the Monkey. Two kegs of beer. Loads of food. Massages (I hope).

Oh Mighty Wing

I enjoyed Jacky Billy's.
                        The only thing I actually know about Rivergate is that somebody sells used cars there. My TV says so.
                        Keeps reading that as river dance Confused

Fine. Party at the hotel. Hotel owners like that, right?

Michelle

Oh Mighty Wing

A party at a house is great, but you have to find somebody willing and able to host 20-50 people, and possibly organize and pay for all the food and drink (won't be me). The postrace party (weather permitting) is just like a house party, but it is still light out AND folks will at that point all have shared the experience of the Monkey. Two kegs of beer. Loads of food. Massages (I hope).
                            i know house is complicated. Really, I am easy, and will go anywhere. You are right in that I would prefer to not go to a chain, but at the same time if other places can't accommodate then you know do what needs to be done.
                              Pizza in the parking lot...works for me.

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Fine. Party at the hotel. Hotel owners like that, right?
                                No. I checked.