Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Who ran more miles than I did last week?? (Read 665 times)

Well, Tanya, we could have used your company at the Striders run on Sat. Sad
    I had to go to a 5-hour training thing for the Girls On the Run program Saturday morning (details later)...otherwise, I would've been there!
    I see you ran the Greenway in Shelby. Do you go over that big-ass pedestrian bridge to get that kind of mileage in?
    Yes, big-ass ped. bridge. If you start in the parking lot by the train trestle and run across the bridge and follow the greenway all the way out past the farm to the "Greenway Ends" signs, it is a 14-mile roundtrip. Once you get to the bridge, it's less boring...lots of nice views and weird people over on the Donelson side to entertain you.

Tony. This is crazy, but here goes. Saturday morning. 5:30 am. ~15-16 in the park on the monkey course. I will guide. Doable?
      I can't Saturday morning because I have a soccer game @ 9:00 and it'll take about an hour & 15 min to get from the park to the soccer fields. I could go really early Sunday morning, Sunday afternoon.
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I could do Sunday morning 5:30am?

Lazy idiot

Tony. This is crazy, but here goes. Saturday morning. 5:30 am. ~15-16 in the park on the monkey course. I will talk your ear off, and you will know the name of every stick and stone in PWP by the time we're done as well as all subsections of Monkey Law 42.
          Fixed

Tick tock

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Good point. We will need to run Luke Lea as well.

S&M Collector

Trent, is this a for sure on Sat. morning? Kind of early, but I'm feeling silly enough to do it if you'll have me.
              Come across any cool medals lately?

S&M Collector

Wait. Never mind. Sunday morning. Nagga. Nagga.. Nagonna work for me, anyway.
                Come across any cool medals lately?
                  I could do Sunday morning 5:30am?
                  I think I can do this. So meet at the stone gates @ 5:30am Sunday?

Why is it sideways?

Damn y'all get up early.
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I think I can do this. So meet at the stone gates @ 5:30am Sunday?
                      Nope. Meet at Vaughn's Creek XC field off highway 100, near OHB. Do you know where this is? Jeff, I once was a graduate student. Sadly, I am one no longer.
                        Nope. Meet at Vaughn's Creek XC field off highway 100, near OHB. Do you know where this is? Jeff, I once was a graduate student. Sadly, I am one no longer.
                        I don't know where this is...what address do I need to type into Google to get directions? Or perhaps you have a link to a map... Jeff - I don't normally get up this early. Make no mistake - this is a heroic effort on my part. Big grin
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Map here (although this is a hair too far to the east, zoom in and you will see the parking lot off to the left a touch) And check this out - http://harpethhillsmarathon.com/parkmap/
                            I had to go to a 5-hour training thing for the Girls On the Run program Saturday morning (details later)...otherwise, I would've been there!
                            I was supposed to do that!! Are you going to be a GOTR coach? I was going to be...I had a class though Sad

You should contact Diana Bibeau (her email is over at the Striders board) and let her know. They need all kinds of assistants and "running buddies" for the girls. I'm sure they can find something for you to do. I'm going to be volunteering over at KIPP in E. Nashville with the Girls on Track (middle school age) girls.

I ran 20...I'm worried about overtraining. Big grin Who ran more...or should I ask it this way - did anyone run LESS than I did?
                                9/1/2008 — 9/7/2008: 10.0 Mi 1:31:00 8/25/2008 — 8/31/2008: 2.0 Mi 22:55 8/18/2008 — 8/24/2008: 7.0 Mi 1:04:14 8/11/2008 — 8/17/2008: 1.3 Mi 11:33 8/4/2008 — 8/10/2008: 8.7 Mi 1:19:48 Longest run on my summary page chart is 7 miles on 8/18/2008