Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Travel Plans (Read 600 times)

Lazy idiot

You're breaking the 10% rule.
    Heh... sad but true. I should buy some Little Kings so I can keep on the straight and narrow.

Tick tock

JakeKnight

I can't figure out why this will be my third. I felt like death after the first one, I was bummed after the second one...maybe the third time is the charm. So I guess my goal is to find the charm.
      I'd be willing to bet that you'll find it. It is a great run.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Shannon, where are you!?! Confused

Michelle

"run" "2" "eat"

Frankly, there is not much to do on a late Sunday afternoon in downtown Nashville.
          downtown schmowntown. there are plenty of soccer games to watch in the tri-state area.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Oh Mighty Wing

Shannon, where are you!?! Confused
            I'm here! I was at the shore hanging out with my cousins!
              I'm here! I was at the shore hanging out with my cousins!
              Finally! (hope you had a good time at the shore!) Did you decide on what you're doing for the Monkey weekend? Driving? Flying? Running there? Are you staying at your sister's house (sister-in-law?)?

Michelle

Len

Damn Yankee

Fuck. I'll be driving if I make it, and my wife isn't a fan of the idea. And I gotta be honest, she runs shit around here. Maybe Candice will be single by then, and I can just move in with her for the weekend.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Oh Mighty Wing

Finally! (hope you had a good time at the shore!) Did you decide on what you're doing for the Monkey weekend? Driving? Flying? Running there? Are you staying at your sister's house (sister-in-law?)?
                  Still have no clue. Won't make any decisions until I'm down there Aug. 1-3. I would like to fly so I can be home Monday to teach (I realize I may be rooted to a chair wincing in pain), but DH may not go for that.
                    Still have no clue. Won't make any decisions until I'm down there Aug. 1-3. I would like to fly so I can be home Monday to teach (I realize I may be rooted to a chair wincing in pain), but DH may not go for that.
                    Well, if my husband decides that he wants to back out, maybe you can fly with me! From what you've said before though, you'll probably drive...and as of now, my husband says he still wants to go with. He wants to see all the make believe people from RA.

Michelle

Oh Mighty Wing

Well, if my husband decides that he wants to back out, maybe you can fly with me! From what you've said before though, you'll probably drive...and as of now, my husband says he still wants to go with. He wants to see all the make believe people from RA.
                      hahaha yeah mine is secretly curious about all my "internet friends"
                      JakeKnight

Well, if my husband decides that he wants to back out,
                        Did you mention the beer and cigars and awesome food to your husband? WTF. I'd travel to this thing just to be a spectator. The food alone is worth it.

Did you mention the beer and cigars and awesome food to your husband? WTF. I'd travel to this thing just to be a spectator. The food alone is worth it.
                          I did mention the beer, he likes that. He's not a smoker, and he's such a picky boring eater the only food he'll want is a plain burger. Will there be burgers?

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

If he runs to McDonalds, about a mile and a half away, there will be burgers.

Oh Mighty Wing

HOLY CRAP HE'S IN!!! He so doesn't know it but he LOVES beer and cigar's! He made his own humidor - it's in a BIG cooler. and it's filled because we go to the cigar fest around here.
                              JakeKnight

I did mention the beer, he likes that. He's not a smoker, and he's such a picky boring eater the only food he'll want is a plain burger. Will there be burgers?
                                Sigh. A) Your husband needs an upgrade to a new software version; B) Cigar aficionados are not "smokers." Ugh. And if he tried it, he'd like it (but then you'd hate me). Oh, well. C) This food is really, really good. All kinds of it. All homemade. And yeah there's healthy stuff (running dorks can't help themselves), but there's plates and plates of sweet goodies. Of all Trent's brilliant ideas, the way he did the food was probably the best ... I guarantee there isn't another marathon that comes close. D) Lists are stupid. E) Also, there's lots of people hanging out and stuff. Pretty cool people. Cute dogs. Chicks, too. Come to think of it, I may just skip the race and be a spectator. F) Don't tell the race director, but I was on my third beer by the time it was "legal" to have one. And I wasn't sitting in the goofy beer-gulag-reeducation-camp area, either. I, of course, don't condone this. But I'm just sayin'. G) At least one of my dogs will be there. They're very cool. Well, 2 out of 3 are very cool. The third one might poop on him. H) Did I mention chicks? Chicks, man. I) Lists are stupid. Unless the weather is bitter cold - which it might be - I almost guarantee he'll have a good time. Last year, I hung around for almost 3 hours after finishing. Mostly just waiting for Trent to get done.