Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Travel Plans (Read 600 times)

Who is bringing along their significant other? AND...how do they feel about the whole thing?

Michelle

Lazy idiot

Who is bringing a long their significant other? AND...how do they feel about the whole thing?
      Bringing the wife (we're staying in TN for the entire week), my buddy Cletus, and his wife. They think I'm retarded, and will be bringing the camera to document my destruction. As far as support? They have been spreading rumors of having sweatshirts made for this event that you all will enjoy. They're in fully.

Tick tock

Who is bringing a long their significant other? AND...how do they feel about the whole thing?
        I am. Other than the stress he's feeling with ANY "real" traveling this year he's looking forward to it and to supporting myself as well as the rest of us!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

It'll just be me and my husband, my MIL is staying at our house for that weekend. My husband still says it's stupid to run ANY marathon, so hills or no hills they all rate the same to him. He's just going along to have some kid-free time with me (for a change). He thought he was off the hook when I cancelled things early this week. Evil grin

Michelle

As far as support? They have been spreading rumors of having sweatshirts made for this event that you all will enjoy. They're in fully.
            Should be interesting...are they telling you about the shirts or it supposed to be a surprize?

Michelle

I am. Other than the stress he's feeling with ANY "real" traveling this year he's looking forward to it and to supporting myself as well as the rest of us!
              Scott and Ken can hang out and talk computer stuff. Yay for them. Roll eyes Big grin

Michelle

Lazy idiot

Should be interesting...are they telling you about the shirts or it supposed to be a surprize?
                I'm aware of what they will say, and may get to help in the design. But you all are to be left in the dark, I've been told.

Tick tock

I'm aware of what they will say, and may get to help in the design. But you all are to be left in the dark, I've been told.
                  Oh. I see. You get to be the tease about it. Big grin

Michelle

Lazy idiot

Oh. I see. You get to be the tease about it. Big grin
                    Seeing as how none of them are on RA... yeah. Evil grin

Tick tock

pfriese

The wife and I are driving in from Oklahoma. Hopefully staying with friends of hers in Nashville who say we have a standing invite to come stay anytime. I think she plans on calling this weekend and setting up our lodging with them. How does she feel about the whole thing? Thinks I'm crazy running any marathon, but now one with killer hills and flying monkeys, she has concluded I'm certifiable. She'll get to visit with her friends though, so she's OK with it. Paul
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Who are her Nashville friends?
                          Trent. Is there an official post race party? You know, the one with all the talked about beer? Big grin Or will we be partying it up at our hotel afterwards? You've mentioned the beer but also that the park won't allow alcohol.

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

We will have a tent set up with the beer and all the food, out by the finish line. We have a special permission to serve AT the finish line. The tent is really not much of anything, so picture yourself outside on a big field with food and drink. We will likely be there until time to take down the course. After that, folks usually get together at a restaurant and I try to get the results online before joining em.
                              We will have a tent set up with the beer and all the food, out by the finish line. We have a special permission to serve AT the finish line. The tent is really not much of anything, so picture yourself outside on a big field with food and drink. We will likely be there until time to take down the course. After that, folks usually get together at a restaurant and I try to get the results online before joining em.
                              You never rest do you? Smile

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey