Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Monkey Attackes (Read 351 times)

The King of Beasts

got my 3rd tonight.

I am in contact with my crew of beasts, those attempting to "run" again this year had better watch the fuck out.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, I read your log entry.  FWIW, owls don't attack people.  Monkeys most certainly do.  That you survived and are able to post implies that you were simply warned.  Not attacked.  People don't survive monkey attacks.

Strange.  They usually don't go near that hill.  Too close to civilized Belle Meade.  This is a worrying sign.  Monkeys on the move.

Very worrying, indeed.

The King of Beasts

O' yes.... people should be worried, unlike global warming (not real), monkeys coming closer to our civilization is a real threat.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

The Thunder

They must have been scared of The Thunder in their natural trail habitat this past week....and tried to move closer to civilization.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dream on, monkey boy.  Dream on.

Hoodoo Guru

This happens to me every year as I do my "first run in the park since November."

Saturday afternoon I'm running the 5.8, starting at Deep Wells, running counter clockwise.  I'm just past the crest of the first hill after the 1.7-5.8 split when I look to my left and see the enemy sitting up in a tree.  His eyes follow me as I run past.  I realize that he can see the tattoo on my arm.  Does he look at that as a tribute or as a threat?  Regardless, I pick up the pace until I round the next corner and feel safe again.

The tangents are moot.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The King of Beasts

This happens to me every year as I do my "first run in the park since November."

Saturday afternoon I'm running the 5.8, starting at Deep Wells, running counter clockwise.  I'm just past the crest of the first hill after the 1.7-5.8 split when I look to my left and see the enemy sitting up in a tree.  His eyes follow me as I run past.  I realize that he can see the tattoo on my arm.  Does he look at that as a tribute or as a threat?  Regardless, I pick up the pace until I round the next corner and feel safe again.

you should NEVER feel safe.....