Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Heh (Read 388 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/running/2009/05/14/fall-marathons-already/ From the Flying Pig peeps
    Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon, Nashville Hmm, that name sounds familiar doesn’t it? If you’re a Cincinnatian, you might have to get past the race literature, in which they try to counter the big, modern “event” type marathons and has a name that at least seems to take a shot at our own Flying Pig. A recurring phrase you will read about this race is a boast that it’s a “non-flat, non-fast” course. That’s fine and all, but we must point out that you’ll never hear the words “flat and fast” in another Flying marathon’s literature. Still and all, it’s though a park, it sounds challenging and yes, an “old school” smaller marathon can indeed be refreshing.
    Wonder why they are so defensive?
      Wonder why they are so defensive?
      They're Cincinnatians. They eat chili (aka "chilli") on their spaghetti. It's given them a complex.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I responded over there Big grin
        bdub

Shoe Alarmist

I responded over there Big grin
          Of course you did. Well written. They updated their post to include:
          Alas, that’s not the case. Check out the comments field above — there’s actually a really cool story behind what sounds like a really cool race.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hoodoo Guru

Hah!  "Flying Monkey Marathon" was one of the first things I looked up on W/A. 

Is it correct to say "I googled it on wolfram alpha?"

The tangents are moot.