Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

8712 Hours Left.... (Read 1295 times)

Lazy idiot

NEW PAGE!@!!!!!!1 Some of us can uncensor posts, too. But I'll delete it for the common good.

Tick tock

Why is it sideways?

NEW PAGE!@!!!!!!1
      No you di'int.

Lazy idiot

No you di'int.
        great thread over there in the Swamp, methinks.

Tick tock

Why is it sideways?

great thread over there in the Swamp, methinks.
          It was definitely a banner day in Swamp-land. In real life, not so much.

Lazy idiot

It was definitely a banner day in Swamp-land. In real life, not so much.
            Ditto that. Too much work, not enough thinkin'.

Tick tock

Why is it sideways?

Ditto that. Too much work, not enough thinkin'.
              Nice run today though. I like how you just felt like running, so you did. That's a good sign.

Lazy idiot

Nice run today though. I like how you just felt like running, so you did. That's a good sign.
                Thanks. I've been doing mostly run/walk for the last couple of months. Walk the first 75-90 seconds of a mile, run the rest. It's enabled me to get my mileage up a bit while not being injured. But what I've noticed is that my body is starting to tell me at about 0.8-0.9 miles of running that I need to walk: fuck that. Today, I ran. I will continue to use the run/walk strategy for the next couple of weeks so I can get through this bit of idiocy I've signed up for, but after that I'll be looking into doing more running. And anyone who reads this and feels offended at my self-characterization of the run/walk methods, please do not take offense. I do not judge others on this stuff, only myself. And I want to run.

Tick tock

B double E double R you in.
                  BEER RUN!!! That's my favorite song, second to Dixieland Delight. Wait, it is counted as an actual song, right?

Thanks. I've been doing mostly run/walk for the last couple of months. Walk the first 75-90 seconds of a mile, run the rest. It's enabled me to get my mileage up a bit while not being injured. But what I've noticed is that my body is starting to tell me at about 0.8-0.9 miles of running that I need to walk: fuck that. Today, I ran.
                    Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm doing more sustained running, but it just feels harder to get past the first 1.5 miles, after that it's OK. I don't want to push my luck Like you, I'm keeping regular walk breaks in for the long runs. Nice run today Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                    Thyroid Support Group

Mishka-old log

That's my favorite song, second to Dixieland Delight. Wait, it is counted as an actual song, right?
                      Are you fucking kidding me? I listened to that song once a week in my last 2 years in college! ...spent my dollar...parked in a holler neath the mountain moonlight...

The Thunder

Are you fucking kidding me? I listened to that song once a week in my last 2 years in college! ...spent my dollar...parked in a holler neath the mountain moonlight...
                        Dude....we are in Tennessee....when you come here for the Monkey, you must head out to "The Stage" one night. I'll bet you a dozen beers you'll hear Dixie Land Delight at least once. Ahhhh the memories.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Mishka-old log

Dude....we are in Tennessee....when you come here for the Monkey, you must head out to "The Stage" one night. I'll bet you a dozen beers you'll hear Dixie Land Delight at least once. Ahhhh the memories.
                          Throw in a "Rocky Top" and a "Tennessee Jed" and I might have to move there for good!
                          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dude...
                            Mishka-old log

No words.
                              Mishka-old log

No words.