Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Think Monkey (Read 361 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So yeah yeah yeah. I email you all the time. Fill your inbox with spam. With long emails that at least I find amusing, knowing you most certainly don't. So this time, rather than monkey-fy the text of some famous commercial's transcript, I will keep it simple.

Instead, I give you this. Please enjoy. We did it for you.
    http://www.vimeo.com/31401593

Today is November 2, 2011; the marathon is November 20, 2011 at 8 am; 2 weeks and a couple days to go. You, my friend, are doomed. There remains little left to do, other than to pray to whatever power you hold dear, get your affairs in order and think monkey. Monkey is coming my friends.

Yes, monkey is coming. The leaves are golden, the skies cerulean and the mornings crisp. Perfect hunting weather for the monkeys. I wish you luck, for that may be all you have going for you.

As I do so often, let me give you some details, in case you think they will help:

- If you are currently registered for this race, your registration info and bib number are posted on the Marathon's website. Let me know if you see any errors. I have already ordered the bibs, so if they are mucked up, it is monkey business and little can be done. But let me know anyway. Thanks.

- Packet pickup is planned for the Gordon JCC on November 19, 2011 between 2pm and 4pm. The JCC is located at 801 Percy Warner Blvd, Nashville, TN 37148. This is less than 2 miles from the race start/finish area. Here is a map to the GJCC: http://tinyurl.com/MonkeyPacketPickup . Packet pickup will also be available race morning adjacent to the starting line.

- We BELIEVE that the pasta dinner this year will be Saturday night AT the JCC adjacent to packet pickup, November 19, 4:30-6:30. By "we", of course, I mean "Dallas". Once Dallas has this finalized, I'll let you know. Hopefully it will be between $12 - $15 per person.

- Running is stupid. Think Monkey.

- For those who will need a postrace shower, the GJCC will let you swing back by after you run (or "run") Monkey. Please bring your bib and an ID. They may ask you to pay a $5 guest fee to do so as well.

- We still plan to offer Yazoo Beer after the race to those who are of the correct drinking age. Yazoo is good brew, local and tasty. If you want to enjoy some, please bring your ID with you to the race. You don't have to run with it, but once the beer is available after noon, you will need your ID. If you want to tweet your grand appreciation for this, use these tags: @YazooBrew and @yazoobrewmaster

- The Twitter Monkey hashtag: #MonkeyMarathon. You can also Tweet @hhFlyingMonkey, if'n you want.

- If you ain't coming, please let me know. I don't want to spend all night looking for your remains under the monkey nests.

- We ask all our volunteers and any runners who are able to bring some food and/or drink to share with the rest of the monkeys post race. Our participants' home-made smorgasbord impresses every year. I will be making home-made monkey pumpkin pies. Lots of them. What will you bring?

- The marathon's website lists information about where there is lodging near the race and restaurants where you can dine over the weekend. In addition, if you have further questions, feel free to holler or to put out a query on our message board: http://www.harpethhillsmarathon.com/monkeychatter/ . Some others prefer the Monkey forum here: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/HHFMM/forum. If you post either place, please don't mind the monkey business.

- Some of you have not heard or believed me. So to reiterate: you cannot train for Monkey. Fools.

- We usually have swag for sale at packet pickup and then postrace. This year, we should have original and unique Hatch posters, Silipint cups, singlets and prior years' shirts, all uniquely Monkeyfied. Posters and cups are $10, shirt prices will vary depending on which one you like. All net swag sale proceeds go to support the Warner Parks, which in turn support our little race, and your suffering. Cash appreciated. And cheap!

Tick tock. Tick tock. tick tock...

Think Monkey
    Trent

Hey that is really, really cool.