Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Who's planning on being painfully slow this monkey? (Read 515 times)

Skooter 3.0

Anyone planning to run in the 10-11mm range? Wanna "pace"  (read: hang out with) each other? Ennay? R2E? I want to finish, but I'll need a help who is willing to go as slow as I'll likely have to to finish...

Goals?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I may be walking the hills.  Stupid AT.

DoppleBock

I don't even know what I am doing at/for Monkey yet.  I am completely torn between dark Monkey and trying for a faster Monkey than last year.  Either way, I want to be done and cleaned up by the time the keg is tapped.

I look forward to seeing everyone ... highlight of my running year.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

A Saucy Wench

I dont think I'll be doing the whole thing.  Even walking was still going badly and then the car accident totally f'd me up.  If I feel up to it maybe I can run you in the last few miles?  I "ran" a mile today, but not sure if my neck, back, hip, hamstring, and achilles will like it in the morning.   I'm on the see how the recovery goes plan. 

F'in chiro keeps trying to say my hip pain is ITBS from bein a runner and not car accident related.  f'me.  I never had ITBS before and the other guy is paying for it so just fix it already.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

I don't even know what I am doing at/for Monkey yet.  I am completely torn between dark Monkey and trying for a faster Monkey than last year.  Either way, I want to be done and cleaned up by the time the keg is tapped.

oooooohh...maybe I can have "muscle relaxant" in the form of Dos Perros and then walk the course until I find skootr and run him in.  Does that work time wise.  What time does this idiocy start?

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Do both.  Dark Monkey AND run a fast second.  Duh.

Yes. Me too. I cannot wait.

DoppleBock

Do both.  Dark Monkey AND run a fast second.  Duh.

If I though that was possible, it would be an easy choice.  I think I might be able to eeek out a 30-60 second Monkey PR - Depending on my food and alchohol consumption the next 15 days.  That would be nice, but I can not do it with the Dark Monkey on my back.

I have been wrestling with this one since the stupid idea was brought up.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Blondie

Anyone planning to run in the 10-11mm range? Wanna "pace"  

I'm in woeful shape for this, too. I plan doing 10-11 range, and walking the hills.

Going to "try" and make it as fun as possible. Looking forward to it.

xor

Dark Monkey tempts, as the dark side is known to do.

Do not go over to the dark side.

oooooohh...maybe I can have "muscle relaxant" in the form of Dos Perros and then walk the course until I find skootr and run him in.  Does that work time wise.  What time does this idiocy start?

As for beer-related idiocy, we know that starts at noon.  So you could perhaps sneak some into a handheld (don't tell Trent) and then go on The Search for Skootr.

After I run, I may turn around and go find people to run in.  Or I may not.  Depends on whether Trent still has DirtyGraceFlint working at that point or not.

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

I will be slower than that. I am going to try and hit 12's till the wheels come off. Then I will be walking. I may even quit. I have not decied yet. I have never had a DNF but just as this past yr I had my first DNS and since have had 2. Baystate was the closest I have ever come to quiting. If my wife had not been to busy to come and get me I might have quit. One I got to 18 however I was not going to give up. My hip has been screwed up since baysate and this will hurt. Infact I have thought about calling it quits and not even making the trip down but my wife really wants to go. And if we go I will run and walk to the finish close to last yrs 6:33 hopefully faster but who knows. Trent don't read. But my plan is to numb my pain with tyneol and Motrin combonation. And HTFU.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

A Saucy Wench

Dark Monkey tempts, as the dark side is known to do.

Do not go over to the dark side.

As for beer-related idiocy, we know that starts at noon.  So you could perhaps sneak some into a handheld (don't tell Trent) and then go on The Search for Skootr.

After I run, I may turn around and go find people to run in.  Or I may not.  Depends on whether Trent still has DirtyGraceFlint working at that point or not.

If I sneak some Monkey Face Porter in my suitcase it would work right?  

And I know the beer idiocy starts at noon, what time does the monkey idiocy start?  8, right?  Hmmmm..  I would have to run pretty fast after chugging a beer at noon to do skootr any good.  Not looking to do the dos perros beer 1/8th marathon. 

I've only had one DNF and that was in a 5K.   Quit 0.25 in.  It was a short hobble home. 

xor

Monkeyface porter. The place for face is in the suitcase.

"I may even quit".  EEEEK.  For the record, I think DirtyGraceFlint is working with Mrs lostinthenet.

Anney, I still think you should chug the beer and try to find people to run in, assuming you don't want to go out exactly at noon with beer in the handheld.  Hmmm.  That could be a fun game.  Grab beer, run person in, grab beer, run person in, etc.  What do we call the game?  Monkey shitface relay?

A Saucy Wench

Monkeyface porter. The place for face is in the suitcase.

"I may even quit".  EEEEK.  For the record, I think DirtyGraceFlint is working with Mrs lostinthenet.

Anney, I still think you should chug the beer and try to find people to run in, assuming you don't want to go out exactly at noon with beer in the handheld.  Hmmm.  That could be a fun game.  Grab beer, run person in, grab beer, run person in, etc.  What do we call the game?  Monkey shitface relay?

Whatever you call it, it sounds like my kind of game.   That gives me what 2-2.5 hours of drinking and running?  I should be running faster and faster as the muscle relaxant kicks in.  Right until I pass out on notahill.   Could be a bitch if there is a late cluster.  If I dont even make it out of the field before coming back for the next beer.

Sounds like good training for Vegas

Yes, I do believe DGF and purpleprincess are working the same station.  Maybe they can stash my porter for me so I can stay out of the field altogether.

MONKEY! MONKEY! MONKEY!!!!

BWAHHH HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xor

Yes, I do believe DGF and purpleprincess are working the same station.  Maybe they can stash my porter for me so I can stay out of the field altogether.

No, if we play Monkey Shitface Relay, we have to come in each time and get counted.