Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

About those hills.... (Read 705 times)

JakeKnight

If I hadn't heard them with my own ears, I'd be inclined to giggle at your childish attempts to scare those who haven't been. But based on what my brain translated through my ears, I'm not thinking that laughing at monkeys is wise.
    In total seriousness - on long runs in those woods, especially alone at night or just as the sun is setting or rising ... I've heard and seen things. I'm not saying the monkeys are real. Or that there are monsters or ghoulies or demons. But if they find a couple bloody carcasses on the race course with number bibs on their chests come November, I won't be exactly surprised.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

I'm just curious to know how your run went below sea level. Did you go diving?
      not even a snorkel...... Roll eyes MTA: that was on part of the coastal trail, and no, I didn't fall off Big grin

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

Well, my shoes did get wet (muddy trails in the woods).

Michelle

Besides, I told you that I suck at reading the elevation charts. They make no sense.

Michelle

Oh Mighty Wing

my hills kicked some of my butt... HOW am I supposed to be ready for yours! How do I do show you elevation?
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Did you use a GPS device or map your run on RA?

Oh Mighty Wing

I used a GPS device
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Get an account on www.motionbased.com and upload your data there. When you have the account, you should be able to go to my activities and then upload, with your device plugged in. Once it is there, you can share the run by copying the web address into a message. For example, my run from today: http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.do?episodePk.pkValue=6320618 What GPS device do you have, by the way? When you set up your account, you should set it up to use the Motionbased Gravity Service. Details here: http://wiki.motionbased.com/mb/MB_Gravity_Web_Service

Imminent Catastrophe

1. Death Valley 2. Dead Sea 3. New Orleans 4. Garmin error Pick one. The thing with the Monkey is, the hills are relentless. They come one after another with no flat portion for recovery. You have been warned.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Oh Mighty Wing

So like this: http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6324595 I use a Forerunner 205.
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

When you turn on the Gravity Service, it will correct the dips and the erraticness of the elevation profile.

Oh Mighty Wing

When you turn on the Gravity Service, it will correct the dips and the erraticness of the elevation profile.
                          is that the MP Gravity Elevation Correction? What exactly does that do?
                            It looked like you already had MB Gravity Web on.

Oh Mighty Wing

It looked like you already had MB Gravity Web on.
                              no Trent did that. ok it makes me mad - there is one run I did which I thought was REALLY hilly! It says +3,576 / -3,619.... however, when I go to activity options and turn on that gravity thing it changes it to this: +713 / -713 WHAT THE HELL!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson