Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Think Monkey (Read 696 times)

If any of you want to do Trent a New Glarus (NG) favor - there is special NG beer and NG beer made for the masses - Spotted Cow / Fat Sqiirrell etc is made for the masses and available in NashVegas - Get something that NG makes special for WI people - Yes there are times Trent wishes he was from WI.

If in the past you brought Trent some of the Main Stream beers from NG - Do not feel bad - your heart was in the right place  -  but now you know.  If you happen to find some Enigma it is like an orgasm to Trent.

Trent have you had uff-da NG?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Lazy idiot

Yeah I have multiple gmail accounts for various purposes.  I'm pretty sure I know where it is, its not one I have set up on this computer (on vacation)

it's too bad you can't access gmail from the interwebs.

Tick tock

A Saucy Wench

it's too bad you can't access gmail from the interwebs.

meh... too much work to remember which password goes with which account

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

bhearn

Hello, runners. Look at your monkey, now back to me, now back at your monkey, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't really a monkey, but if he stopped using owl scented body wash and switched to Monkey Spice, he could smell like he's a monkey. Look down, back up, where are you? You're in a race with the monkey your monkey could smell like. What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two entries to that race you'll curse. Look again, the entries are now medals. Anything is possible when your monkey smells like Monkey Spice and not a monkey-wannabe. I'm on a race corse. 

Imminent Catastrophe

meh... too much work to remember which password goes with which account

Just make your password "password" for every account. Easy.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

I just saw a list of the top ten most common passwords.  9 of them were stuff I was expecting.  "password", "1234", stuff like that.

#10 was "mustang".

???

I always use acronymns.

Lazy idiot

I always use acronymns.

Like "GETM"?

Me?  I always use the names of my favorite musicians, like Carlos Santayana.

Tick tock

Shut up.

xor

My Monkey Thought today is... I might be out for Double Monkey.

Turns out that there's a 50k in Huntsville Saturday morning.  Looking mighty tempting.  And since I just got tapped on the shoulder to pace at JJ on 11/12, my success at 52.4 (give or take) all-at-once is looking dimmer.

Ok, I'm probably lying about that.  I ran Brew-to-Brew (44 miles) in April, and the American River 50 8 days later and did ok.

But still.

It's Huntsville!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

A bunch of folks are running Huntsville Sat.  What is it called when you run both?

xor

Tiring.

(it's just a 'double' or a 'double+')

Edit: sorry, I know you know what a double means.  I thought maybe you were asking if there's a special term for 50k+marathon.

Imminent Catastrophe

My Monkey Thought today is... I might be out for Double Monkey.

Turns out that there's a 50k in Huntsville Saturday morning.  Looking mighty tempting.  And since I just got tapped on the shoulder to pace at JJ on 11/12, my success at 52.4 (give or take) all-at-once is looking dimmer.

Ok, I'm probably lying about that.  I ran Brew-to-Brew (44 miles) in April, and the American River 50 8 days later and did ok.

But still.

It's Huntsville!

Dizzy 50's? You can run 50k, 40 miles or 50 miles, whatever you want. Nice race.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Si.  RD is even holding a spot for me.  It expires if he doesn't get my entry in 7 days.

It would be 50k for sure.  Then Monkey. 

And then, maybe, just maybe, Monkey Shitface Relay.

I bet I improve my performance this year. Oh yes I do.