Indianapolis Runners

Hello From Pittsboro (Read 164 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Just thought I'd say hey. I started running last year and I'm now pretty much hooked. I'm still pretty slow, but I'm in no hurry. My goal for this year is to run the Mini. I don't really have a time goal, but I would like to finish it in 2:30 or better. So far I think I'm on track and plan on running the Bricks to Bricks this weekend if it doesn't rain. Anyone else running the Mini?

Richard

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Ostrich runner

Welcome. Keep at it, consistency is the key. I haven't ever run the Mini...to many people for me. I do more trail races -- check out www.indianatrailrunning.com if you're interested too. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Thanks. I did two trail runs at McCloud Nature Park last year and really enjoyed it. I was thinking about looking into other trail runs this year. Which ones would you recommend for a beginner?

Richard

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Ostrich runner

Really, any of them are fine for a beginner so long as you don't start out trying to do road paces. Run With the Foxes in Morgan Monroe State Forest in May is a favorite and has many distances available. DINO has many races with both 5 and 15k runs and they draw enough people to have people to run with at all paces.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

Hey, I'm in Lizton!

Hope Bricks to Bricks went well, I won that one last year and liked the race but am out of town this weekend...in addition to still being in recovery mode from Boston on Monday.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

We're practically neighbors!

The Bricks to Bricks went well. The weather cooperated nicely and I finished in1:49:25. They had free beer at the finish which was pretty cool. Rehydrating with water and gatorade is for wussies ;-)

Congratulations on running Boston. That's awesome.

Feeling the growl again

Good to hear it went well, I do not remember free beer last year.  Sigh.

Let me know if you want to run sometime.  You can see my house from the SR-39 exit.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

That would be cool, although you are way faster than me. You'd have to slow down lots. I'm very much a beginner. I started running last year and my first race was the 2010 Race for the Cure. The Mini will be my first half marathon. I'm using the Galloway run-walk-run for most of the stuff over 6 miles. As I build more miles I hope to able to go longer and longer without walking.

Feeling the growl again

That would be cool, although you are way faster than me. You'd have to slow down lots. I'm very much a beginner. I started running last year and my first race was the 2010 Race for the Cure. The Mini will be my first half marathon. I'm using the Galloway run-walk-run for most of the stuff over 6 miles. As I build more miles I hope to able to go longer and longer without walking.

I'm recovering from mono and a marathon.  I can go slow.

My daughter's babysitter is in Pittsboro.  PM me what time you get out of work and when you run...perhaps we can link up for a 4-5 miler sometime.