Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

Docket_Rocket

What are you training for?

I have a 50K in December but I am using that ratio for my first marathon post surgery, which is stupidly hilly (San Francisco).  I want to improve my time there and I know there is no way I can run the full race with me living in 0 elevation change routes.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  I had a great week, finishing 60 miles, woot.  Back on track.

Did 16 on Thursday, 6 on Friday, 9 with hubby last night and 12 today.  All within MAF ranges.  Very happy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Slow and Steady

Had a nice hilly 4.5-miler this morning. I've found lately that when I go out relaxed and don't try to keep my HR at the top end of my zone (121-131 bpm), I often end up with an overall faster pace. I wonder if I had kept my HR up there near 131, if I would have ended up slowing down more at the end? Does anyone else experience this? Or who knows, maybe my pace would have been even faster overall. (Anyway, I don't mind, relaxed feels good!)

Eric S.

Trail Mix ||| dailymile ||| RA log

Goals: 50km, 50-miler, 100km, 100-miler

BeeRunB

Had a nice hilly 4.5-miler this morning. I've found lately that when I go out relaxed and don't try to keep my HR at the top end of my zone (121-131 bpm), I often end up with an overall faster pace. I wonder if I had kept my HR up there near 131, if I would have ended up slowing down more at the end? Does anyone else experience this? Or who knows, maybe my pace would have been even faster overall. (Anyway, I don't mind, relaxed feels good!)

I have in the past.

TODAY:

94 minutes 5 miles run/walk.

1 mile MAF test. 18:22.

Have a long way to go.

labhiker

I have not heard anyone mention it however want to wish any/ all fellow MAFers who are running in Boston today all the best.

The weather should be nice.  Let the aerobic engine roar as the crowd noise increases and the finish line nears.

Best of luck to all.

labhiker

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Hi, guys.  I had a great week, finishing 60 miles, woot.  Back on track.

Did 16 on Thursday, 6 on Friday, 9 with hubby last night and 12 today.  All within MAF ranges.  Very happy.

SWEET!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Will get back to MAFF tomorrow

Day

Plan

Actual

Commentary

Monday

4 + ST

4-HR 134-154

Moderate pace. After medium

long weekend runs Adapting

Tuesday

2 +2 + core

Wednesday

Strength

Training

Thursday

Friday

Strength

Training

Saturday

8 miles 3pm

working on call

Sunday

7.2 HR 98 /144

Needed a recovery day

Total

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Nice job, Clay!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

RunpowerMax

Hi all

I did the 12x1600 but had a HF above MAF. Yesterday I ran 5 miles below Maf and that felt good. Had a little trouble keeping the cadence on par with breathing but it was Ok. Today a quiet run through the woods here.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Did 6 yesterday at 150HR (it was hot and humid!!!!).  I have 12 miles tonight.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Ran 2 Walked 2. Tight calf.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

1:40:00 walk

5.6 miles

MAF-10

faster at same HR finally.

--Jimmy

Slow and Steady

Awesome pre-dawn (aren't they all, for me?) 7-miler, on the lonely hilly road, no cars, just me and the stars. And the frogs. And the occasional dogs. Avg HR 128, max HR 138. And beat my best time on this route by 2 1/2 minutes. Okay, no more hills until after the marathon!

Eric S.

Trail Mix ||| dailymile ||| RA log

Goals: 50km, 50-miler, 100km, 100-miler

BeeRunB

Awesome pre-dawn (aren't they all, for me?) 7-miler, on the lonely hilly road, no cars, just me and the stars. And the frogs. And the occasional dogs. Avg HR 128, max HR 138. And beat my best time on this route by 2 1/2 minutes. Okay, no more hills until after the marathon!

Nice post. I like "and the frogs", as if they were running along with you.

TODAY:

Recovery (off)

Docket_Rocket

I took an RD yesterday and I woke up at 4:30am to run today.  Ugh.  That is for me TOO EARLY!

Anyway, 8 miles below MAF.  Nice night.

Damaris

Fundraising Page