Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

BeeRunB

8 miles

2:02:00

Have a great weekend. 

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

8  miles 2:06

Ran 4 + walked 4

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

4 mile walk

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

SD_BlackHills

Marathon training is going well with 9 weeks to go.

This week I ran 84.7 total miles, all but 5 of them well under MAF so 94% of my miles were very easy.  Capped off the week strong.

20 mile run

Miles 1 - 15:  Easy, sub MAF

Mile 16:  6:36

Mile 17:  6:24

Mile 18:  6:20

Mile 19:  6:24

Mile 20:  6:12

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Been MIA because I was not running and not in the mood, ha.  What was supposed to be my peak week two weeks ago ended up being cut in half by me getting knee pain two Saturdays ago while leaving the TM at OTF.  Patella tracking (patella has been tracking ofr a while, but never hurt, but I guess it was very loose and inflamed beneath it).  and of course, it's the operated knee, so I freaked out and went to the ortho super quickly.  Anyway, took last week off completely and ran/walked 4 miles tonight and I finally can breathe a bit easier.  Doing PT for three more weeks to work on those imbalances so it can please not happen again.

I'll be run/walking the marathon next weekend, and just happy if I can finish it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BeeRunB

Hi, guys.  Been MIA because I was not running and not in the mood, ha.  

LOL. You are an anti-running meme, Damaris. Welcome to the club. Hope you heal up.

6.30 miles

1:35:00

131-141 bpm

Docket_Rocket

Ran 6 tonight and the knee is doing better.  Mood is getting better. Wink

Jimmy, nice run!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Ran 6 tonight and the knee is doing better.  Mood is getting better. Wink

Jimmy, nice run!

Does not in the mood mean you will only run 150 miles this month?

Walked 3 miles yesterday and 3.6 miles today.

Two steps forward. One step backward. My definition of progress.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Does not in the mood mean you will only run 150 miles this month?

Walked 3 miles yesterday and 3.6 miles today.

Two steps forward. One step backward. My definition of progress.

Doubt I'll run that much with one week off and running every other day this week.  But maybe in September I'll be back to 200+.

Ran 12 on the TM, longest since my patella moved out of place and it was great!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

SD_BlackHills

Marathon Training continues and is going extremely well.

70.6 total miles this week (down from 84.7 last week), most of which was between 125 and 130 bpm (My MAF is 145).  Finished up the week with a strong weekend as follows:

Day 1:  10 miles with the last 6 miles between Marathon Pace and Marathon Pace minus 20 seconds.

Day 2:  16 miles with the last 5 miles between Marathon Pace and Marathon Pace minus 20 seconds.

So my weekend total was 26 miles with 11 of them at MP or faster.

I also used both days as opportunities to practice fueling.  Normally I run on an empty stomach but since I had several stops to do #2 in my last marathon (ultimately preventing me from hitting my target finish time), I want to get ahead of it.  I even took Imodium before each of those 2 runs to make sure there were no side effects.  No problems so far!

Docket_Rocket

Nice week, SD!

Ran 3 and went to OTF today.  First back to back runs since the patella thing.  I have a run tomorrow and Wednesday and hoping they feel as good as this.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

7 miles run. Mostly walking AM

7 miles 1:55:10  walking PM

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

I had a great marathon yesterday!  Post surgery PR by 21 mins and fastest in close to two years!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WTG!

I had a great marathon yesterday!  Post surgery PR by 21 mins and fastest in close to two years!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

11.5 miles.

6 mile walk. Infrequent  run.

4.75 mile hill repeats. Plan was to loop the 1 mile around the mall. Found a 0.15 mile shady section with a hill. Decided to stay in the shade.

.75 mile cool down

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter