Low HR Training

Running book choices (Read 190 times)

rhythm180

Hi everyone, I keep hearing such positive commentary regarding "The Maffetone Method" I must be the last runner on earth without a copy, but I intend to run over to ebay and grab a copy. Heard that it's going for bargain prices, too! Sounds like the modern day runner's bible! Just thought I'd mention that while researching, I stumbled across this, on some obscure blog: The Missionary Method, biography of a runner Follow along on the epic journey of one New Englander's quest for fulfillment and enlightenment through running. You'll travel the hardened streets of Philadelphia, and beyond, to legendary, venerable Boston Marathon, home to well storied Heartbreak Hill. Later, you'll be swept along to ever more exotic venues. You'll visit the Orient, and quickly find yourself immersed in this fascinating, rejuvenating culture. Not until you tour the west coast, will you truly begin to appreciate the difficulty of this magnificent pilgrimage. Witness through the soles of this runner, the triumph that comes only to those who persevere. Riveting, delightful, entertaining. A must read. If "The Maffetone Method" has whetted your appetite, then "The Missionary Method" will surely enhance the pleasure. First drafts now as vividly highlighted as a well thumbed copy of the Kama Sutra. Pre-order online. Also, coming to finer bookstores in your area. Sounds like some kind of a spoof to me. Different strokes? Just can't believe everything you see on the web, these days. rhythm