Low HR Training

Training For Endurance by Dr. Phillip Maffetone (Read 517 times)

My Hero

I realize this publication is being reprinted and currently out of stock, so I took a look-see over at Amazon. com to see if I could pick up a used copy... The least expensive copy was $42.50 and went as high as $173.01 for one copy. Shocked Confused Cry
      I realize this publication is being reprinted and currently out of stock, so I took a look-see over at Amazon. com to see if I could pick up a used copy... The least expensive copy was $42.50 and went as high as $173.01 for one copy. Shocked Confused Cry
      I'd go for the $42.50. Big grin Actually, The Maffetone Method should get you by for now.

My Hero

Anyone have any idea when this will get off the press and on the shelf?
          I might be wrong about this, but I think he's combining both Eating For Endurance and Training For Endurance in one handy, dandy book. Another good one that is practically the same is High Performance Heart by Dr. Phil Maffetone. --Jimmy
          Shiksa

I liked the High Performance Heart better than The Maffetone Method. I thought it was more relevant to actual training. It focuses a lot on bicycle training, but there is a small section on running, and the HR info pertains to all sports. The Maffetone Method was sort of a soft-sell, touchy-feely , try to appeal to everyone book. Some of the information was lost IMO.

Stacy
            I make no apologies for my liberal use of smiley icons. http://www.BlakeHillHouse.com

I liked the High Performance Heart better than The Maffetone Method. I thought it was more relevant to actual training. It focuses a lot on bicycle training, but there is a small section on running, and the HR info pertains to all sports. The Maffetone Method was sort of a soft-sell, touchy-feely , try to appeal to everyone book. Some of the information was lost IMO.
              I agree that The Maffetone Method is lacking a bit. It's the only one I've read. I'm looking forward to his new book. If I had to do it all over again, I would have waited. Most of what you need to know to get started is here.

Wasatch Speedgoat

Get the book "Slow Burn" by Stu Mittleman. A far better book, in my opinion. Stu was a student of Maffetone's and he outlines the training method and expands on it, looking at it as an athlete. Stu was a world class ultramarathoner back in the 80's. Steve

Life is short, play hard!

My Hero

Get the book "Slow Burn" by Stu Mittleman. A far better book, in my opinion. Stu was a student of Maffetone's and he outlines the training method and expands on it, looking at it as an athlete. Stu was a world class ultramarathoner back in the 80's. Steve
                  Thanks! I just ordered a copy (used) for $3.30. Now that accomplished, need to get the HM and I'll' be in bidness. Big grin