Low HR Training

Hi! (Read 532 times)

Just Be

Hi Jesse, I've seen a few posts from you under this user name but I never looked at your signature to realize that you were the same guy from CR! How've you been?

run-easy-race-hard

yup, 'tis me. Looks like you're making great progress in your rebuilding mode! Will you win the 2 mile fun run next time?

Just Be

yup, 'tis me. Looks like you're making great progress in your rebuilding mode! Will you win the 2 mile fun run next time?
        Yup! Barring any major disasters, I'll be there. Smile For what kind of time are you shooting to achieve? I'll be happy with anything under 13:00, though I'm secretly hoping to break 12:00. EDIT: haha, I read your post so fast I missed the word "win" ... I probably won't be winning it... yet. Maybe by the October run. Big grin

run-easy-race-hard

I don't really have time goals on short races. They are always a crapshoot for me since I never do any forms of speed work other than running marathons. My last time was 12:20, so it would be nice to beat that, but it really doesn't matter. The same can be said for the 10k.

Just Be

Given your last finishing time, maybe I'll try to pace with you, then. Then we can duel it out for the finish line! Cool

run-easy-race-hard

Given your last finishing time, maybe I'll try to pace with you, then. Then we can duel it out for the finish line! Cool
              I suppose - but as I said, my pacing will be a somewhat random reflection on my short-distance fitness at the time!

Just Be

Understood. What are your training goals?

run-easy-race-hard

Understood. What are your training goals?
                  nothing very specific. take on different 100 mile races, nudge my marathon time to 3:05 or better, then whatever else comes my way. I'm not really a goal-oriented person. I'm also a bit lazy. If it takes too much effort or hard work, I'm not terribly interested!
                  BeeRunB

nothing very specific. take on different 100 mile races, nudge my marathon time to 3:05 or better, then whatever else comes my way. I'm not really a goal-oriented person. I'm also a bit lazy. If it takes too much effort or hard work, I'm not terribly interested!
                    You better stay away from those 200 mile races then, you lazy bastard.

run-easy-race-hard

You better stay away from those 200 mile races then, you lazy bastard.
                      fortunately, I don't have to try hard to stay away from 200 milers. I have plenty to go until the 100 feels like not enough.

Just Be

Interesting... what about weight training, then? You still lifting heavy?

run-easy-race-hard

Interesting... what about weight training, then? You still lifting heavy?
                          Looks like I missed this question. It depends on what you mean by heavy. I really don't do anything other than races that involves working hard. Before I started running I was benching about 350 and well before I was running, I was squatting over 500 (almost 20 years ago now since I did anything where the bar was bending on my back). Nowadays, on the bench I'll do a lot of reps of 135, sometimes 35-40 at a time, maybe 70-100 during a workout, and a few reps of 225-255. I don't do any squats or lower body weights at all. If I have to struggle to get it up or need a spotter, I just don't do it. I also do pullups and rows, same philosophy. Everything I do in lifting is basic maintenance. On one of my lifting days, I do the weight workout just before my 2 mile swim. It makes my swims without a weight workout first seem much easier and it also keeps me from doing more than necessary. On my other lifting day, my workout is right after my one-hour treadmill run.