Low HR Training

I can lower my heart rate (Read 291 times)

Me and my gang in Breck

By changing the way I run I can lower my heart rate. I find that if I change the way I push off with my feet I can get my HR to go down 4 or 5 BPM. This is important later in my runs when it gets hard to keep my HR low. I think this is going to change my form and mechanics for the better in the future. This has been hard training for me mentally to slow down but so much easier on me physically. I have a few aches and pains in new locations but it's from using different muscles.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."

Slow-smooth-fast

Sounds interesting, will have to have a play. I just generally relax as much as possible, feel totally loose and untense. I also make a conscious effort to keep my shoulders dropped. No tension, leads to better running form: "Slow is smooth - smooth is fast" I am into my 2nd week of LH training, and I am enjoying it too. I have had a look at your log, and we are at a similar pace, and this correlates with our PR's. Good to see a correlation, keep posted of your progress.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

db7

I have found the same thing. By holding my head as still as I can and keeping my arms in tight to my body I can drop some beats. It's fun to play and see how you can run more efficiently. I feel like my form has improved because of it. DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

Me and my gang in Breck

This is the way to train. I can't believe how much better I feel. I was running myself into the ground. I could run a lot more miles if work and family didn't take up so much of my time. DAME JOB! One other thing. I have lost 5 more pounds over the last 8 weeks. I don't need to eat so much to fuel my body for these kinds of runs. When I was training hard with lots of fast hard runs I needed to eat alot. Mark

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."