Low HR Training

New to low HR training (Read 333 times)

I just wanted to say hi to the group. I've read about the low HR training for a while on CR and when my marathon is over Phoenix Jan 13, I'm going to recover and start with my low HR training for my base. I have been doing some low HR training just to get used to how it feels. 100% of my week day runs have been at or below MAF. The last time I did this, I also found that it took more energy to keep my HR up! I had dropped 5bpm in a few weeks which just astounded me! Does that mean that I'm slowing down more? I was running 12 minute miles and with the low HR training, it brought me to about 14 minute miles. I've been active since 2001. I started off going to aerobics classes and then when I moved to where I am now in 2004 I took up running seriously again. I also taught aerobics for 5 years (I resigned 10/2007) which was a lot of easy workouts for me while running. I've ran a lot of 5k's (PR is 31 minutes), 2 10k's (PR pace was 11:30), 4 HM's (PR 2:47), and will be running my first marathon in a few weeks. Basically I'm wondering if what is happening to me is normal.
    Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09
    db7

Totally normal. Happened to us all. This link will answer many of your questions. http://spaces.msn.com/members/formationflier/ Good luck with your Mthon. That's my bday. Let us know how you do. DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

Hawt and sexy

It's ok Terie. Go into the light. Jimmiy has crayons.

I'm touching your pants.

ooh crayons just for me?!?!?!!!! How'd he know? Clowning around Glad to know that I'm normal.
          Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09
          BeeRunB

Welcome. Good luck in Pheonix. Don't go out too fast. --Jimmy