Low HR Training

JimmyB's comic strip (Read 785 times)

BeeRunB

Hi fellow LHRT's,

(I hope this thread isn't too spammy, but I figured this would be okay this one time, and you might laugh once or twice.)

This is my official announcementCool that, on January 1st,  I launched a new comic strip on-line that has my unique take on the running world. It's called Crusted Salt. I plan to keep it mostly a daily strip. I'm up to #20 so far. If you stop by the website, just follow the arrows to peruse them. 

I've had a link to the website in my signature since Jan 1, and some of you are already aware of it (and have written to me about it--thanks). The links on this page will take you to Crusted Salt #1---"Tales Of The Unshod#1". If you've already been there,  just click the PREVIOUS arrow for the newest.

There are links to a fan page on FBook, Twitter, RSS, and Email subscribe for reminders. Please, if you find the strip worthy, become a fan on the Facebook page. I plan to make it as fun as possible as I go along.

Hopefully, a few will make you smile. Enjoy!

Click here to go to Crusted Salt.

Thanks for all the good times here on RA!

--JimmyCool

p.s. I had created those three MAFFERS cartoons for this forum, and I realized I liked it so much that I wanted to go for it. But I wanted to go beyond just MAF and into a wider spectrum.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Glad I could be fodder for the strip Jimmy! Big grin

bob e v
      2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

BeeRunB

Glad I could be fodder for the strip Jimmy! Big grin

Bob, you've been one of the strip's great, active fans----greatly appreciated. Before every new one is posted I think to myself "I hope this makes Bob laugh..."

--Jimmy

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I appreciate it and still am glad I am fodder for the strip! I was serious, not factitious... well maybe a little bit! LOL

bob e v
          2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

BeeRunB

gregw

Hadn't been here in a while, but just had to check in to say I love the strip.  You're really talented, Jimmy.

I really should be over on the 'losing the blubber' thread....  High miles and low pounds.

BeeRunB

Hadn't been here in a while, but just had to check in to say I love the strip.  You're really talented, Jimmy.

I really should be over on the 'losing the blubber' thread....  High miles and low pounds.

Thanks, Greg!

Today's strip was for the pace group people (whom I love dearly):

http://www.crustedsalt.com/images/crustedsalt_25.jpg

--Jimmy

kfmfe04

rofl

I like #10, #11, #18, #21, #35

heading to yoga class now - will check the rest later

- Ken

Age:42, MAF:138, 168cm/5'6", 62.2kg/137lb (from 73kg/161lb), BF: 14.9%

Goals:  MAF10k@56:50, 59kg/130lb (32 days to go)

Stage: Trying to get back to MAF Base Building after muscle strain injury

My Training Log

BeeRunB

rofl

I like #10, #11, #18, #21, #35

heading to yoga class now - will check the rest later

- Ken

Thanks, Ken. Glad some are making you laugh. #18 and the Sally Series has been one of the hits.

--JimmyCool

C-R

114 almost had me spill coffee on my keyboard. Thanks.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

kfmfe04

#52, #59, #60, #62, #68, #77, #78, #85, #88, #90

#94 is beautiful

#114 rofl

Sally has talent - her use of colors and her choice of themes are spot-on!

- Ken

Age:42, MAF:138, 168cm/5'6", 62.2kg/137lb (from 73kg/161lb), BF: 14.9%

Goals:  MAF10k@56:50, 59kg/130lb (32 days to go)

Stage: Trying to get back to MAF Base Building after muscle strain injury

My Training Log

Thanks, Ken. Glad some are making you laugh. #18 and the Sally Series has been one of the hits.

--JimmyCool

Jimmy the strip is extremely clever. I love the Sally sketches, and having done a bit of BFooting had quiet a chuckle at Moses' toes!

Haven't read them all yet, better to savour slowly I think Smile

BeeRunB

Jimmy the strip is extremely clever. I love the Sally sketches, and having done a bit of BFooting had quiet a chuckle at Moses' toes!

Haven't read them all yet, better to savour slowly I think Smile

Thanks for reading,  Sean. Glad you liked a few. I'm a "slow' partaker myself, when it comes to comics I enjoy.

--JimmyCool