Low HR Training

"The train pulls out of Kankakee"............. (Read 285 times)

lowgear1

Max McMaffelow Esq.

"Good morning America, how are ya?" "Along the southbound odyssey the train pulls out of Kankakee"..... Okay,You find yourself on a passenger train going 60 mph (1 mile per minute). You gaze out the window at the scenery rushing past, sip on your morning latte, finish the crossword puzzle, check your email, take a little restroom break, return to your seat, take in more of the landscape zipping by, etc. Now some 15 minutes have gone by. Fast forward to your weekend 15 miler. The real estate your train journey has just covered going 60 mph for 15 minutes approximates the ground you'll cover on your upcoming maf run. Don't know about you, but that's some powerful imagery to me. A little scary. And to even think about 26.2?......Okay, you get the picture. "City of New Orleans" Arlo Guthrie, of course Kankakee?? Never heard of it till I traveled through there once. Havre, Mt. ???......."don't make me go there"...(again), though Amtrak will readily accomodate such. A scenic feast via "Empire Builder"- Chicago, Il to Seattle, Wa. Lg1 nervous visualization, on a non-running day
    ♪ ♫ Hey, hey, we're Maf Monkees And people say we monkey around. ♪ ♫ (The Monkees)
    Give me 12:59 in '09, please. I deserve it! (Maf of course)..No more teens! No more teens! (ME! ME! ME!)
    ♪ ♫ I Thank The Lord For The Night Time...And I Thank The Lord For You ♪ ♫ (Neil Diamond)
    ymmv

"Good morning America, how are ya?" "Along the southbound odyssey the train pulls out of Kankakee"..... Okay,You find yourself on a passenger train going 60 mph (1 mile per minute). You gaze out the window at the scenery rushing past, sip on your morning latte, finish the crossword puzzle, check your email, take a little restroom break, return to your seat, take in more of the landscape zipping by, etc. Now some 15 minutes have gone by. Fast forward to your weekend 15 miler. The real estate your train journey has just covered going 60 mph for 15 minutes approximates the ground you'll cover on your upcoming maf run. Don't know about you, but that's some powerful imagery to me. A little scary. And to even think about 26.2?......Okay, you get the picture. "City of New Orleans" Arlo Guthrie, of course
      Steve Goodman!!! (not Arlo Guthrie, assuming you are crediting the songwriter!)
      lowgear1

Max McMaffelow Esq.

Thanks, Tom I should have been more clear. Out of the many artist who have covered that song, Arlo is perhaps the one most closely associated with it. I do like Willie Nelson's version, also. Your right, I should give credit to songwriter Steve Goodman. After all he recieved a Grammy, posthumously in 1984 for Willie's version. Ah, the things one learns from Wiki. Keeps me on my toes. Lg1
        ♪ ♫ Hey, hey, we're Maf Monkees And people say we monkey around. ♪ ♫ (The Monkees)
        Give me 12:59 in '09, please. I deserve it! (Maf of course)..No more teens! No more teens! (ME! ME! ME!)
        ♪ ♫ I Thank The Lord For The Night Time...And I Thank The Lord For You ♪ ♫ (Neil Diamond)