Low HR Training

"Race Report & Upcoming Races" Thread (Read 7775 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

2.9 miles  HR 103 / 127

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Name                        Distance                            Race                           Location                             Goal       
      Result                  
      Comments

runnerclay             10K      Big Peach Sizzler        Atlanta,Ga        45:59                                              RA predictor 46:53

********************************************************************************* Dizziling  rain unofficial time 45:43                                                                 Official clock time 46:02.Chip times  apparently not recorded. I was at least 20 yards behind the start line      3 AG

no awards.      

chip time 45:41                                                                                                                                                                              

congrats! Smile

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

3:37:38 BQ. 2 AG new PR

PR by 9:21. 17 year  PR fell today.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Wow. I don't even know what to say. That is absolutely awesome. Congratulations!

TRUST THE PROCESS

Tennesotans

Nothing I can say to make your day any better... whoa... awesome work :: high ten ::  !

May I borrow some mojo for my race in two weeks Wink ?

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Fox valley marathon Up at 4 am. Breakfast of pasta 8oz, bagel, 32 oz powerade and Imodium(Prevent diarrhea). Afterwards I am thinking did I just eat all pasta before a marathon. Run the mile to the starting line. Some rain early. Rain forecasted for 8 am. Dedicied to take hat jacket and gloves. Hands always cold. Found the pace group without any problems. Small races are good. Pacer ( Annie) started a little. The plan was to keep her in sight until mile 25 and not to pass her. Miles 1- 6 pretty uneventful. Everyone was chatting and one guy was singing. Stopped for port potty at mile 6. RA'er said stop early for relief. Thanks. Fell back at each water stop about 50 meters. Closed the gap each time. Miles 7 -12 First gel at mile 8. Mile 10 after catching the pack I notice there was less conversation. I was in the 3:40 pace. A young lady with a 3:45 pace sign passed the group at mile 4. We reeled her in at mile 12 . Mile 13- 20 Pacer hit the half at 1:51 xx. My ideal split. Now it is a matter of holding on. One one is taking at all at this point. No major hills. Just some 100 meter inclines at 17 -20 miles. I wanted to slow down. Garmin keeps beeping speed up. Pacer is in sight. A vouleeter I past twice says " get back in the pack." I do. Please the RA'ers for the comfortable hard. I keep telling myself this is how I am supposed to feel. Hold pace. Hold heart rate. Keep pace. I did. Mile 21 - 24 Refueling. Falling back and catching back up to pacer. Notice there are 3 people with her now. Others appear to have stayed with her for 20 miles. My plan plan was to hold on to her shirt tail until mile 25. Mile 24 - 26.2 I was step for step with the pacer after 23.5 miles. At this point there are only two of us with her. The young lady decided it was time for her to pull away. I went with her. You can not believe how glad I was I did mile repeats at 5 k pace. My motto" make the late mile the best mile". Last 10 k 50: 23. AG in 6 place miles 6--- 6 at 13.1---4 at 20-- 2 at 26.2. Could not belvie how many people I passed in the last 2 miles. Found the pacer Annie and gave her a hug!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Congratulations.  That was fun to read.  It sounds like you did a great job in pacing yourself.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congratulations.  That was fun to read.  It sounds like you did a great job in pacing yourself.

Thanks. The pacer did a great job. 3 minute < split.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

I saw your log.  I think you ran this race just about perfectly.  It was text book perfect.  All your miles were around the same pace.  Your HR drift was very little.  Early in the race you were running close to 8 min miles at a HR of 150 and 20 miles later you were still running close to 8 min miles and your HR was only at about 160.  Just shows you are in terrific aerobic shape.  I also saw that it was 55 degrees, which must have felt just about perfect for running.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

The weather was near prefect. Just enough rain.No sun. Miles 18 -22  I was trying to keep the HR above 165. I was thinking that is what Team Oregon pace wizard recommended. HR 165 AV = 3:36:41 finish. My AHR 156. I was going for a 3:39:59. I am now a true believer in LHR training.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

Fox valley marathon Up at 4 am. Breakfast of pasta 8oz, bagel, 32 oz powerade and Imodium(Prevent diarrhea). Afterwards I am thinking did I just eat all pasta before a marathon. Run the mile to the starting line. Some rain early. Rain forecasted for 8 am. Dedicied to take hat jacket and gloves. Hands always cold. Found the pace group without any problems. Small races are good. Pacer ( Annie) started a little. The plan was to keep her in sight until mile 25 and not to pass her. Miles 1- 6 pretty uneventful. Everyone was chatting and one guy was singing. Stopped for port potty at mile 6. RA'er said stop early for relief. Thanks. Fell back at each water stop about 50 meters. Closed the gap each time. Miles 7 -12 First gel at mile 8. Mile 10 after catching the pack I notice there was less conversation. I was in the 3:40 pace. A young lady with a 3:45 pace sign passed the group at mile 4. We reeled her in at mile 12 . Mile 13- 20 Pacer hit the half at 1:51 xx. My ideal split. Now it is a matter of holding on. One one is taking at all at this point. No major hills. Just some 100 meter inclines at 17 -20 miles. I wanted to slow down. Garmin keeps beeping speed up. Pacer is in sight. A vouleeter I past twice says " get back in the pack." I do. Please the RA'ers for the comfortable hard. I keep telling myself this is how I am supposed to feel. Hold pace. Hold heart rate. Keep pace. I did. Mile 21 - 24 Refueling. Falling back and catching back up to pacer. Notice there are 3 people with her now. Others appear to have stayed with her for 20 miles. My plan plan was to hold on to her shirt tail until mile 25. Mile 24 - 26.2 I was step for step with the pacer after 23.5 miles. At this point there are only two of us with her. The young lady decided it was time for her to pull away. I went with her. You can not believe how glad I was I did mile repeats at 5 k pace. My motto" make the late mile the best mile". Last 10 k 50: 23. AG in 6 place miles 6--- 6 at 13.1---4 at 20-- 2 at 26.2. Could not belvie how many people I passed in the last 2 miles. Found the pacer Annie and gave her a hug!

Ron, Wow! Congratulations on the PR!!!!!!!!

Great report. Keep going.

--Jimmy

congrats, your endurance is great! Smile

I have a race report too Smile

I finally ran a real race this year...so happy!

this is the 5K I ran last year too.

I improved the PR by almost 2minutes, not too bad I guess. it was 21:47 Smile 7:00 min/mile pace Smile

pretty warm, sunny, but not too sunny, or I would have died :P still it affected my HR heavily.

average HR was 197, max HR 208bpm, after stopping 209bpm.

500m HR splits: 181, 189, 194, 197, 199, 201, 202, 203, 205, 207 :P

as for pace splits: pace was 6:34 avg for the last 500m, and for the first 500m too, the rest was about 7:05-7:10.

I felt pretty fine most of the time for a 5K, the last 500m was hard though. I guess I'm still learning how to run a 5K proper hard. but judging from my HR it was best this way now because of the sun.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I improved the PR by almost 2minutes, not too bad I guess. it was 21:47 Smile 7:00 min/mile pace Smile

WTG. I am still trying to break 22:00. You just keep lowering the bar. Congrats.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

I have a race report too Smile

I finally ran a real race this year...so happy!

this is the 5K I ran last year too.

C!

Awesome display of 5k speed.

Glad to see you make such a great comeback.

--Jimmy