Low HR Training

MAF-based Training Load Spreadsheet (Read 913 times)

Hey Gang, I just posted a 26-week spreadsheet to keep track of training loads. I found the other one to be too broad. I find there is a difference between training at MAF, and MAF -15. Just enter your current MAF where it says "Enter MAF" and you'll see all the zones change. Enter the amount of minutes for each zone. Hopefully this will be useful for someone. If you find yourself on the injured side of things, most likely you can track it to a monotonous, or sharp increase in, training load. Download here. Enter Password 12345. http://homepage.mac.com/jimmybrunelle/FileSharing4.html Let me know what you think about it. Thanks, Jimmy

log   prs      Crusted Salt comic #143

GMoney

Nice sheet. Happy to see that the Excel version opens and operates in OpenOffice without any apparent glitches! Thanks

Slow-smooth-fast

SORRY FOR MY NAIEVETE, BUT WHAT EXACTLY IS LOAD? ALL I DO IS RUN AT MY MAF AND NOTE ALL MY MILE TIMES, HOW COULD I USE THIS?

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

SORRY FOR MY NAIEVETE, BUT WHAT EXACTLY IS LOAD? ALL I DO IS RUN AT MY MAF AND NOTE ALL MY MILE TIMES, HOW COULD I USE THIS?
          You shout! Shhhsssssss... Training loads are a way of measuring how much stress you are putting on your body in your training. The majority of running injuries are due to putting too much stress (load) on your body, either by increasing load too fast. or not varying your load from day to day, and on some kind of mesocycle basis (e.g. 3 weeks of hard load followed by a week of recovery load). Go here and read these links. Hope this helps you to understand, and hopefully it will help you to maintain a schedule that will keep you healthy. --Jimmy

log   prs      Crusted Salt comic #143

Thanks for the link! This will be very useful when I start training for another marathon!
            Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09

Race Less Train More

jimmyb  load sheet. It worked the 1st time. Now it does not.

Hey Gang, I just posted a 26-week spreadsheet to keep track of training loads. I found the other one to be too broad. I find there is a difference between training at MAF, and MAF -15. Just enter your current MAF where it says "Enter MAF" and you'll see all the zones change. Enter the amount of minutes for each zone. Hopefully this will be useful for someone. If you find yourself on the injured side of things, most likely you can track it to a monotonous, or sharp increase in, training load. Download here. Enter Password 12345. http://homepage.mac.com/jimmybrunelle/FileSharing4.html Let me know what you think about it. Thanks, Jimmy

Run until the trail runs out.

2013***1500 miles

50 miler

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/