Low HR Training

Hadd (Read 398 times)

GMoney

Anyone here practiced Hadd training at a mileage level less than the base level attained by "Joe" in the so-called monster thread? The Hadd Phase I method sounded very promising, but I was a little put off by the "Don't talk to me until your at 50 mpw" principle. Anyone know if Hadd told "Joe" that because of his previous fast performances or was it a bottom line principle of his that a runner who wasn't doing 50 mpw wasn't yet ready for a Hadd Phase I?

Hawt and sexy

It is my understanding that Hadd wanted the guy to get up 50 mpw before he gave him a weekly schedule to work from. it is also my understanding that the more you run, the better your progress. I think Hadd might have caught on to this principle in his years of coaching. The schedule in the thread is aggressive due to the previous history of the runner. The 50 mpw would be a way for Hadd to put a number on commitment. I am sure Hadd gets asked to coach a lot, so he has to have that imaginary line for the runner to cross before he goes hands on with coaching. I am not saying he would generally not give out advice to newbies. Just that he is not going to walk someone through a peak phase without some level of commitment shown by the runner.

I'm touching your pants.

Anyone here practiced Hadd training at a mileage level less than the base level attained by "Joe" in the so-called monster thread? The Hadd Phase I method sounded very promising, but I was a little put off by the "Don't talk to me until your at 50 mpw" principle. Anyone know if Hadd told "Joe" that because of his previous fast performances or was it a bottom line principle of his that a runner who wasn't doing 50 mpw wasn't yet ready for a Hadd Phase I?
        I have. The thread invited runners to base their training on (a) time and (b) effort, which is what I did. It turns out, that when I followed the plan, I ran my first ever 50 mile weeks. But that was happenstance. FWIW, I really liked the approach and intend to get back to it.
        mlc5539

One thing to note about "joe" was that he was training specifically for a marathon. If he was training for something like a 5k its possible that hadd would have required less miles before he issued a training plan. But there is no way to know unless someone else has had first hand experience with hadd's coaching.