Low HR Training

GPS/HRM watch (Read 50 times)

tortoise88

I have a Garmin 305 and it has apparently passed on to the afterlife.  The chest strap/HRM is still in good shape, although the plastic overmold is worn away in a couple of spots but I don't think that is a problem.  I'm inclined to just get another 305 since I liked it fine but just wondered if anyone would make any other recommendations.  I figure there must be some formidable challengers that have established themselves in the 3 years since I got my Garmin.  Please note that I have not lifted a finger to do any independent research yet as my first thought was that I could just ask someone here that already knows everything about the state of GPS/HRM watches.

I guess I could also look into getting it fixed but if I'm too lazy to search these forums for watch recommendations, do you really think I'm going to go out and find someone who can repair it?? Joking

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

tortoise88

I don't know what the exact problem is but maybe your 305 just needs a hard reset to get it going again...?

910xt is a successor to the 305 but isn't that much better as the price would indicate haha. I'd save the money. Smile

camille2

I agree a hard reset is in order or even calling Garmin. Their service is very good.

For reviews, go to the DCrainmakers site.  He has extensive info and reviews on the watches.

BTW, I had a 305 and it was a workhorse.  I lost it last year and bought at 410.  I like the 410 as long as I lock the bezel before running.  They are discontinued now and I got a great price.  BTW, I found my 305 which was simpler to use than the 410, but my HR monitor isn't working.

BTW, I had a 305 and it was a workhorse.  I lost it last year and bought at 410.  I like the 410 as long as I lock the bezel before running.  They are discontinued now and I got a great price.  BTW, I found my 305 which was simpler to use than the 410, but my HR monitor isn't working.

do you mean the HRM strap doesn't work now? maybe battery is dead in it, easy to change. or maybe you just need to redo the pairing of it with the watch (hey sorry if I'm only giving basic advice here Smile ).

tortoise88

hard reset worked - I didn't know you could do that.  thanks everyone!

haha glad that it was just a sw problem Smile

Rse

You're not alone.

The same thing happened to me.  I thought mine was dead and then someone mentioned a hard-reset.

I said, "...a what...?"

:-)

Fran

C-R

Timex on sale at Woot. I used to have one of these and really liked it.

http://sport.woot.com/

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/